Chapter 59

A transparent Goddess Cianna appeared seated on the altar. Her beauty was ethereal with her long hair flowing softly every time she moves.

Cianna was right. I was still weak.

For the past two years, the magic that the goddess had blessed upon me hasn't manifested. Then I realized that I was missing something, a holy item in order to fully use my magic.

I was about to ask Cianna about my holy item when she spoke ahead of me.

"I have a favor to ask."

I didn't like the sound of it but I still asked, "What kind of favor do you want me to do?" Every time that word 'favor' comes out from her mouth I end up suffering.

"My birthday is coming up," she stated cheerfully.

"I didn't know you celebrate your birthday, even a birthday to begin with," I muttered in disbelief.

"I can hear you, you know." The goddess glared at me, offended. But quickly dismissed what I said. "The mortals celebrate it, so I don't see why I can't?"

"When is it? Your birthday that is," I said in taut.

"At the summer festival," she replied in ecstatic.

Ah of course. The summer festival is a celebration for the Goddess of Light. I could see now what she's trying to make me do.

"Since my birthday is around the corner I want some Boeuf Bourguignon, Saffron Risotto, Egg Benedict— . . ."

I stopped listening after the first food she mentioned. Those food were from Earth. The moment she got back from that world she immediately made me cook different varieties of food starting from meat to rice and over to desserts. All I had to do was follow the recipes that she had brought. I had to suffer since I was not a natural-born chef.

Her list continues to something I was unfamiliar with.

This was too painful to hear. Pain in the ass too.

". . —and also Onigiri and Omurice."

"This was supposed to be my birthday," I muttered once again. Why am I being bombarded with tasks that I couldn't do?

First, I have no proper equipment, this country lacks technology that the Earth has. Second, I also lack ingredients. How do I make Onigiri without rice?

"I have something for you, so don't be devastated. It seems that you forgot a vital part of the story," she said with a smile waiting for my reaction but got none. "You're still no fun, Elaine. Even after I made you a human."

I glared at her. I didn't bother asking why since it's a waste of breath.

She ignored my seething glare and cleared her throat. "The main story will soon start after you meet your sister."

My body went stiff.

How could I forget about the heroine?