C H A P T E R 12

° ° °

It was the day of Kim Seokjin's return to Seoul. And just like always, Lisa would accompany him to the airport.

But because they still have a few minutes before he will go to the departure area, they decided to stop by at Starbucks first.

"Are you sure you didn't forget anything, sir?" Lisa asked him for the ninth time that day.

Mr. Kim rolled his eyes. "Yes, Miss Jae. I'm pretty sure all of my stuff are with me."

She took a sip from her tea. "I was just making sure. Remember what happened last time?"

Her boss chuckled and embarrassingly scratched his nape. "Yup. I forgot my laptop."

"Indeed you did." she uttered. "And I'm not gonna run back to your hotel if you make the same mistake again."

"In my defense, I was in a rush that time." he reasoned out.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Mr. Kim suddenly pulled out something from his coat. And afterwards, he handed it to her.

Lisa's eyebrow automatically shot up as she took the white envelope. "And this is?"

Her boss drank his coffee before leaning back on his chair. "See for yourself."

The brunette obliged. But once she saw what was inside, her forehead creased.

"Why are you giving me a cheque?"

"Hmm..." he drawls. "because I can?"

Her frown worsened. "I know that you can. But my question is, why are you giving me this?"

The young man let out a deep sigh. "Miss Jae, I'm gonna need you to listen to me for the next 20 minutes." he replied instead. "Can you do that?"

It took her a moment to answer. "Fine."

Mr. Kim took a deep breath before dropping three shocking words to her.

"I'm firing you."

° ° °

30 minutes later, Lisa found herself exiting the airport.

Her mind was in turmoil. She doesn't even remember half of their conversation earlier. All she knows is that when Mr. Kim told her that she was fired—her world stopped. And she wasn't able to remember anything after that.

Oh wait, she remembered his last words to her before he left.

"Oh and Miss Jae?" he called her out after rising up from his seat.

"Y-yes?" Lisa absentmindedly answered.

He smiled. "Those antiques that I bought on the charity gala," he paused as his smile widen. "they weren't for my mother."

She doesn't know what he meant by that.

All she knows now, is that she's free. Free from her debt—even though Mr. Kim would always tell her that she doesn't have a debt to pay him back for. And most importantly, she's finally free from that night.

She heaves a sigh before wandering her eyes to look for a cab.

But then her eyes settled on a handsome bunny leaning on a black land rover.