Talk That Talk

July was approaching fast which means back to work, me with the summer program and D with summer camp. I had asked D if he was going to be away for summer camp but he said no, students go back home at the end of the day, similar to like the summer program except that he's more sports related for all boys.

We had a meeting today, me and the program coordinators as well as all the staff members. I realized that I've never really seen or noticed the other staff members in groups A and B. Not gonna lie there was a fine looking guy from Group A and one in Group B didn't look too bad.
We had went over program times and hours and activities and T-shirt designs and makings (Group A's color is light green, Group B is purple and my group is orange) and more. There wasn't going to be any major field trips but there was to be a whole lot of activities. Brie informed me they weren't all too different from activities during the regular school year.
All in all I was actually very excited for it all. Wasn't too thrilled with the list of participants that I received. Tahj's ass was on the list. Double Trouble and Nick weren't which made me question what the point was of Tahj being here. I mean maybe because of me but none of his friends, that I knew of, were listed.

After the pretty long meeting we all went out to Jon's Pizzeria for lunch, there was 18 of us total and Mrs. Davis tagged along. I sat and talked with Brie and Jackson.

"I'm throwing Givanté a birthday party, you gotta come through," Jackson said.
"When?" I asked him as he sat on my right. Brie was on my left.
"This Saturday."
I nodded my head.
"How are things with you and Damario?" Jackson asked.
I looked over at Brie who was obviously in listening distance. She looked from Jackson to me. I turned back to Jackson.
"Bomb as fuck."
Then I turned back to Brie. I guess it's time I came out to her.
"Damario is my boyfriend," I tell her.
Her eyes shoot open in surprise, jaw slightly slacked, mouth a little open.
"Oh." She turns back to her pizza about to go back to eating but stops. "How long have you two been together?"
"It hasn't hit a month yet but we go way back."

I happen to glance diagonally across from me to Jerome and Marcus who were now giving me off looks. As a matter of fact so were Dana'i and Stacey.
"You like mens?" Dana'i finally asks after a short silence.
I heard Jerome cut a snicker short.
"Part time," I answer her.
She shakes her head.
"That's what's wrong with young black men today," she simply states and eats her pizza.
"Please do explain," Jackson inputs while sitting up straighter.
Dana'i gives him a face full of attitude.
"Niggas shouldn't have no business all up in another man's ass... literally. And to also be with women? That's some Sodom and Gomorrah shit."
I rolled my eyes.
"You sound ignorant as fuck," Jackson replied. "But you gonna have to pay me to give you a lesson."
I snorted then patted Jackson on the shoulder. But I turned back to Dana'i.
"You don't speak for all 'niggas'. Or really any, period. You should try speaking for yourself at all times. I do what the fuck with whoever the fuck I please," I inform her.
"Okay, okay," Jerome says and starts snapping his fingers.
Dana'i rolls her eyes but says no more.

And then I went home to fuck my mans cause it pleases me to do so.

I ran into Jackie. It was raining balls one night but D dragged me out to get some Popeyes because he was high off of KJ's weed who was back at the apartment. So we stood in the fast food joint in line soaking. It was just the two of us until another couple came in.

"What are you getting?" D asked me with his blood shot eyes.
I handed him a 50 dollar bill.
"Break this. Get a bucket of chicken."
"I want shrimp," he tells me like a crackhead.
"Get shrimp too, darling," I say and chuckle.
He licks his lips as he smiles and it takes everything in me not to shove my tongue down his throat.

"Cut the bullshit, Jackie. Don't no bitch text like that."
I ignored the conversation behind me at first but it was the expression on D's face that made me jolt with attention. He had turned around to look behind me and gave a look close to disgust over my shoulder. I turned to look too and my eyes immediately clashed with Jackie's.

"See, you buggin'. I'mma be outside, order yo shit," the man said then bounced.

And that wasn't even the same guy from weeks ago.

Jackie's eyes had left mine, she was looking off to the side awkwardly. I felt D leave my side to go up to the counter and order. So it was me and Jackie standing 6 feet apart. My mama raised me right so...

"Hi, Jackie," I say nonchalantly.
Her eyes roll in my direction.
"You don't have to talk to me, Les."
The way she said it was as if she didn't find herself worthy to be spoke to from me.
"It hurts what you did and how I had to see that but I moved past it, no ill feelings. How are you?"
I didn't necessarily care. But when she looked at me her eyes looked sad.
"I've been better."
She stares out the window before looking back at me.
"I'm sorry again, Les. And I'm sorry for coming to your job, that was so stupid," she rolled her eyes.
I simply nod my head. I could tell she wanted to say something but maybe she couldn't find the words or didn't know if she should say it.
But D approached my elbow with his arms full of food. I chuckled.

"What did you do?" I asked him.
"Got dinner and then some," he said before eyeing Jackie who was watching him right back.
Well this was interesting.
"Jackie this is Damario, Damario, Jackie."
Damario gave her a serious blank face but Jackie looked at me with a hint of a smile on her lips.
"I remember. I remember you mentioning him."
Shit, I didn't recall. Damario looks at me and smiles but then he looks back at Jackie.
"Well thanks for cheating on him because his ass is mine now. Can we go?" He says the last part to me but hold up, let me pick my jaw up off the ground first.
Jackie had the same look.