Chapter 37

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know how this works." I honestly said what's in my mind, I feel so embarrassed right now. His small eyes softened and the corners of his lips stretched to the side. His hand cupped my hand holding the box, his thumbs making circular motions on the back of my hand.

"No, don't be. It's just a small thing to be worried about." His hands stopped fondling mine.

"Let's learn about this together." I couldn't help my smile as his eyes never left mine. My heart is beating so fast but then I realized that we were inside the classroom! I felt more eyes darted in our direction, mostly from the new faces.

Oh no.

"Let's sit now." I placed my hand on his arm and dragged him to the seat beside us. He looked at me taken back from what I did but just went along with it. I sat beside him and looked around discreetly and saw the others were already settled, Minnie and the girls are sitting just a row in front of us, their faces teasing me.

"I felt shy with them watching us." I explained in a whisper. The blood rushed to my cheeks when it dawned to me that we are now a couple, not just friends anymore.

What should I do anyways? I don't know how this works, I only have movies and books as my reference! Those are fictional, this is...real.

"I know." He avoided meeting my eyes and turned his eyes to the side.

"It's also feels new to me, you're my girlfriend now." He cleared his throat and covered his mouth with his fisted hand, his eyes quickly looked at me and then went back to the side.

"It didn't seem like it's new to you." I opened my hands.

"You even prepared this." His eyes shifted to the box and to my eyes. He blinked a couple of times and moved his hand to scratched his earlobe.

"No, it's." He traced off, bringing his hand down to his backpack on the table.

"Ah, you haven't opened it yet." His mouth parted and his eyes are glued to the box, as of he's asking me to open it. I looked down at the small box in my hand.

Oh right, I wonder what's inside this small box?

My fingers softly pulled the box open, it was difficult to open at first because the lid is magnetic. It made a popping sound, my eyes widened  when I saw the glistening item inside.

"Wow." My thumb and index finger gently picked up the tiny jewelry inside, when I placed it on my palm the color even became more noticeable.

"This." He pulled out something from his pocket, the small box that he always bring with him where his bracelet is stores.

"It's the same black pearl with this bracelet you gave me."

"This is not just the black pearl Sehunie." I exclaimed.  I looked at the necklace in my hand, this is more than the pearl.

"There's quite a number of diamond here." And I'm sure this is a flawless diamond that has over 20 carats.

"It's my first gift to you as your." He gulped and pursed his lips before he continued "boyfriend, so I figured this is okay."

Wow, the novels I read in the past didn't lie. When they said wealthy leads, they really mean it.

"I don't know, is it okay to accept this?" Hesitation took over my mind for a minute, this is my first time receiving a gift this expensive from him. He nodded.

"Of course, it's yours Sejeong-ah. It's made for only you to wear." Damn him, my chest is fluttering like crazy.

"Okay then. Happy 100th day too Sehunie." I smiled, my eyes stayed on his. He replied with a smile, I was taken back when he took the necklace from my palm.

What's he doing?

He unclipped the lock of the necklace and laid it out properly in front of me.

Is he gonna put it on for me?

My guess was right when he leaned towards me, his hands extending 'til he reached my neck. I felt his fingers drift slowly on my nape, I felt goosebumps as his fingers touched the slightest bit of my neck. He slid his hands under my hair and clasp the locks back together but he couldn't get it on one try so he kept luckily guessing to clasp them. He's moving his fingers so much!

It's so ticklish!

I couldn't help but to move my head forward and a laugh escaped from my lips. As soon as I embarrassed myself, he finally clasped the lock together, retrieving his hands to his side. I sat straight and gulped the non-existing saliva down my throat, drying out my throat even more.

"I'm... I'm not that good putting on the necklace." I turned to him, my lips in a straight line.

"I think I know that already." I exhaled. "Was my laugh that loud?" I asked him. He looked around and then stopped to look at me.

He is rather easy to read now as I could tell that It seems like he's gonna lie for my sake so I didn't let him answer.

"I was huh." I smiled, placing my hands to cover my face. "It's your fault." My shoulders shuddered as I laughed, the more I make my laugh silent the more I want to laugh out loud.

Stop laughing! He must think you're going crazy!

I shook my head and pinched my arm to stop the urge to laugh, turning to him I placed my finger to the cold pearl hanging on my neck.

"This is now my favorite necklace." I told him. His eyes brightened up and looked down on the necklace. He looked up to meet my eyes and tilt his head slightly to his right, leaning his elbow to the table in front of him.

"I'm happy that you liked it."

"Hm." I nodded happily.

"Good day everyone. I'm happy to meet the new faces in this room, I'm your advisor if you don't know it yet." Everyone including us sat straight when a middle aged woman entered the room, carrying just a pen and phone with her. She looked around the room and nodded.

"Looks like everyone but one isn't here yet." She looked at her phone and raised her eyebrow.

"I'll start with the attendance, so pay attention when I call your name or it will not be called again. I'll mark you late even if you were here an hour before." She strictly informed us. Whispers started to become audible, this is our first year in highschool and our advisor is already so firm and strict.

Wow, she's scary.

"Sorry I'm late miss!" We all turned to the source of the voice that echoed inside the room. She's breathing fast and deep, as if she just ran four laps in the field.

Her black straight her stood out immediately with her pale skin, even if it's covering half her face I could not be mistaken. That voice...

Irene.