FIFTEEN

"It's so sad," Biana said as they talked over face-time. "You missed the fall festival. It was so fun—even Marella thought so!"

Sophie laughed. It'd been two weeks, and Sophie was officially pneumonia-free, but she'd also missed two weeks of school, and it was already Thanksgiving break.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there," Sophie said. "I bet it was fun,"

"I blame Keefe and Fitz for you not being able to go," She said, looking super angry. "They literally made you sick."

Elwin had told her that all the crying she'd been doing was probably what had caused the disease, but Sophie had decided not to put a lot of thought into it, or else she'd blame the two boys just like Biana did.

So Sophie just shrugged before saying, "Well, I have to go—Dex said he wanted me to come over soon because he had a surprise for me."

"Oooh," Biana said with a laugh. "Mysterious..."

They both laughed before they ended the call and Sophie went downstairs to meet Edaline at her car.

"Are you ready?" Edaline asked before getting in the car.

Sophie nodded, hopping in the passenger's seat before they drove away.

It took them twenty minutes to get to Dex's house and when she got there, Dex took her straight up to the secret room.

He looked super excited and it made Sophie laugh to see him so giddy. "What happened?"

Dex cleared his throat as he tried to look serious. "Well, I know you've had a lot on your mind with the whole Fitz and Keefe drama, so I was wondering if you wanted to get away for a few days?"

"Get away?" Sophie asked, completely confused. "What do you mean?"

"Well," Dex said. "My family is going to Six flags this week and coming back a day before Thanksgiving, and we all agreed that—if you wanted to—you should come with us."

Sophie blinked at her best friend. "Are you serious?"

Dex nodded, and Sophie had to laugh. "Um...I don't know, I'll have to ask Grady and Edaline, and—"

"My mom asked them," Dex said with a grin. "And they said it was alright as long as you were okay with it. They also said that you deserve some relaxation time after the crazy few weeks you've had."

Sophie laughed. "That's the understatement of the year,"

"So...?" Dex said, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

Sophie grinned and tackled Dex in a hug. "I'd love to! Thank you so much!"

"Great!" Dex said, hugging her back before pulling away. "We're leaving tomorrow,"

Sophie blinked. "Wait, what?"

§§§

Sophie packed her suitcase for a four-day trip to Six Flags. Sophie had thanked her parents a million times over and they'd laughed and told her, "You deserve a break,"

Sophie was so excited that she wanted to throw shoes at Keefe's window and tell him, but then she remembered that she was mad at Keefe.

That's why she was going to Six flags—to forget about her troubles and have fun. Maybe when she got back she'd talk to Fitz and Keefe, but today wasn't that day.

Suddenly, Sophie's phone rang, and when she picked it up, it was Linh. "Hello?" Sophie said, because she didn't talk to Linh over the phone much.