Chapter 5

AN: Hey guys, I'm so sorry I haven't written in a while, I've been really busy with school, and I hope I'll be able to write more in the coming days. Anyways, here is part 5 of the Ancient Percy Jackson story, please enjoy!

Recap:

"Where can I sleep?" Brisēís asked. Right as she asked the question, Perseus came back to the tent with a bed and two plates of food. "There," Achilles said, pointing at the bed. Perseus put the bed next to Achilles' bed. While it wasn't the fanciest, it was better than sleeping on the floor or with a strange man.

"A Trojan envoy is making its way through the gates," Perseus reported.

"Alright," Achilles said. He then turned to Brisēís. "You can leave, but you will lose our protection if you do. I am leaving Patroclus to guard you. Alright?" Brisēís nodded gratefully and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Achilles blushed, and then nodded to his brother as they went to meet the Trojan envoy.

Present:

Perseus and Achilles stood a few hundred meters from the walls of Troy awaiting the envoy of a dozen Trojans plus Prince Hector and Prince Paris.

Waiting alongside the brothers were the other kings of Greece, including Agamemnon and Menelaus, and a few other advisors. Achilles looked at the rest of the Greeks, picking out ones he and his brother believed to be trustworthy.

He and his brother only believe in a few were here to fight for the honor of Greece. These included Ajax, king of Salamis, and Odysseus, king of Ithaca.

He had mixed feelings about Triopas, king of Thessaly. He didn't know the king personally, but he knew how his brother felt towards the son of Poseidon. Not many people knew of Triopas' lineage, but their mother made sure that the brothers knew who they were dealing with.

Menelaus, king of Sparta and Agamemnon's brother, was just here to retrieve his wife and avenge the justice of Paris stealing his wife from him. While neither brother could blame the Spartan, he was Agamemnon's brother, which was a small red flag.

The final two members of the envoy was Nestor, an advisor to Agamemnon, and good old Agamemnon himself. He is just using Helen's capture as an excuse to wage war on Troy.

As the Trojan envoy arrived, Menelaus sent a glare at Paris, making the weak Prince shiver. However, his brother, Prince Hector, stood there, a proud warrior and the rightful heir to the throne of Troy. Even though he was an enemy, he still respected the Trojan Prince.

Hector stepped forward, and and when he stood a few meters away from the Greek envoy, he spoke. "You are trespassing on the lands of Troy."

Menelaus growled. "You will not tell us what we are doing wrong, Prince. We come for my wife, and the head of your brother."

"She is my wife, she left Sparta willingly," Paris replied looking smug. Menelaus' eyes widened, before going back to a scowl.

"Now, now brother," Agamemnon said. He was enjoying every moment of this. "You will get your vengeance when Troy burns."

"No, let's fight for her," Paris blurted, making Hector scowl.

"Alright," Menelaus grinned. "Let's fight for her. Come on little prince, show me what you've got."

"No brother," Agamemnon said shaking his head. "A king doesn't fight a lowly prince, even for a woman." Perseus was getting angrier with every word that Agamemnon said. Finally, he couldn't stand it anymore.

"I'll fight him. After all, I'm a lowly prince, right King Agamemnon?" Hector paled. He knew that Paris couldn't defeat Menelaus, and he had less of a chance against one of the two leaders of the Myrmidons.

"No, we can come to an agreement without fighting," Hector said, trying to keep his brother from death.

"I have no issue with Troy and her people," Perseus said, shaking his head. "I don't even want to be here. However, your idiot brother was foolish enough to steal a queen from a King of Sparta, and for that, I have many issues. If he loves her so much, let him fight for her."

Hector started to object, but Paris walked up. "I accept your challenge," he said as he unsheathed his sword. Hector started to come forward, but Achilles blocked him with his sword. "This is a duel, step aside Hector."

Hector stepped aside and made a circle along with the rest of the envoys. Perseus unsheathed his sword in one motion and got into a stance, while Paris slowly took out his sword with shaking hands and got into his weaker stance. Perseus noticed this, and sheathed his sword. He grabbed a spear from a member of the Greek envoy and snapped it in half, basically wielding a three foot stick.

He walked back to Paris, narrowing his eyes. "Come on boy. Come get the beating you needed as a child." With that, an enraged Paris charged at the Greek Prince with wild swings of his sword. Perseus dodged each swing calmly before smacking Paris in the back with his stick, causing him to yelp in pain.

"Come on Prince Paris," Perseus taunted. "Show me she means more to you than every citizen of Troy!"

Paris slashed, stabbed, and sliced at Perseus with everything he had, charging over and over again, seemingly on the offensive. However, Perseus just ducked and dodged each strike from Paris with ease. Paris swung wildly downwards at the son of Thetis before his sword suddenly stopped. He looked at the hilt, seeing Perseus' hand on it. Paris' eyes widened as Perseus brought his face up to his.

"Is this all you got?" Perseus said tauntingly. "Is this all you have for the love of you life? A child could have defeated you." Perseus flung Paris away, wrenching the sword from his grip and slamming it into the sand. He walked up to the Paris and swept his legs, before kicking him in the ribs, leaving him gasping for breath.

Perseus looked at the Prince in disgust. He looked back at his comrades, observing their expressions. Agamemnon looked livid, while Menelaus was watching the beatdown with glee and the rest of the kings looking amused.

"Finish it brother," Achilles said.

Agamemnon was furious. If Perseus killed Paris, he would have no reason to go to war with Troy, but he couldn't violate the rules of the duel.

Perseus looked at his brother and nodded. Paris charged wildly again, but this time, Perseus was serious. He quickly dodged a slash from the Prince and slammed the shaft of the broken spear onto his hands, forcing him to release the sword. Perseus then slammed the spear into the Prince's head, making him fall to the ground unconscious.

In an instant, Perseus had his blade out, ready to kill Paris and avoid bloodshed. Suddenly, he was kicked in the chest and knocked off his feet. He said Hector looking over him with an apologetic expression. Perseus understood, he was about to kill Hector's brother. Agamemnon took advantage of this, stating "The Trojans have gone against their word. They must burn!"

The Trojan envoy quickly grabbed Paris before rushing back to their walls. Hector stood there, trying to think of a plan to prevent war. However, he quickly shook his head and followed the rest of the envoy while the brothers of Thetis looked at Agamemnon with disdain before leaving the Greek envoy and going back to their camp.

AN: Hey guys! I was thinking about making this story Perzoe, but if I should do Perthena but make Zoe more prominent in the Trojan War, please let me know which pairing you guys want!