𝟐𝟕 | 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭-𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟓

              𝐾𝐿𝐴𝑈𝑆 told Rebekah to take Adelaide with her to go back and watch Caroline and Tyler.

"Caroline!" Adelaide was quick to make her way over to her blonde best friend, bringing her in for a hug. Caroline looked crestfallen as she stared at Tyler's dead body, letting Adelaide hug her. All of a sudden Tyler shot up, gasping and coughing.

"Hey! Shhh." Caroline got up to sooth him, taking his hand into hers.

"Where am I? What happened?" Tyler spluttered.

"Tyler-" Caroline started off, wanting to ease into the news that he was dead and turning into a hybrid, which may or may not actually work and off it doesn't then he dies for real this time.

"Don't be shy about it." Rebekah chirped loudly.

"What's going on?" Tyler looked at the blonde original and then glanced up at Adelaide before finally settling his gaze back onto his girlfriend, scrambling to get up.

"Klaus is turning you into a vampire." Adelaide tried to explain to him, seeing that Caroline was having trouble to say it herself. "A hybrid. You're in transition." She left out the part where it might not work.

"Don't leave out the hard part, sweets." Adelaide looked up, sending the blonde original a warning glare.

"Rebekah-" she began but she ignored her and carried on.

"You'll only survive if your witch is successful. If not... you're pretty much dead." Rebekah couldn't care less about the outcomes of Tyler's life.

"You're going to be okay. Okay? It's going to be okay." Caroline tried to persuade Tyler, but also sounded as if she was trying to comfort and convince herself.

"I wonder how she's doing." Rebekah asked, faking curiosity as she held Caroline's phone up for them to see. "Tick tock goes the gym clock." She reminded before flashing them a fake, no teeth, smile.

"Well the verdicts in." Klaus entered the room, walking at a fast pace. "The original witch says the doppelgänger should be dead."

"Does that mean we can kill her?" Adelaide didn't even know what Rebekah had against her sister that made her hate her so much. Rebekah spoke with a gleeful tone, hopeful even.

"No, I'm fairly certain it means the opposite." Klaus shook his head.

"What?!" Rebekah grabbed Adelaide, holding her back, ready to snap her neck angrily.

"Rebekah let her go, now!" Klaus raised his voice, glaring at his sister.

"Why?! She's related to the doppelgänger bitch." Adelaide gasped for air, clawing at Rebekah's tight grip around her throat. Wow, what a best friend she is.

"Let her go Rebekah!" Klaus was quick to speed over to his sister, throwing her across the room after getting Adelaide out of her grip. Adelaide's neck had already began to heal from her bruise that was made as she fell into Klaus's arms, him keeping her up right with one of his arms, while in his other hand he held a vile of blood. Rebekah growled before storming over to Caroline and holding her back as Klaus made his way over to Tyler, keeping Adelaide close to him so his sister would go for her again and then do something she'll forever regret.

"Call it a hunch..." Adelaide could smell the blood and instantly knew it was her sisters. "Elena's blood. Drink it." Klaus told Tyler, handing him the small vile of blood, confirming Adelaide's senses. Since when was she able to have that good of a sense of smell?