Chapter 5: Friend

Connor's POV

"You might want to talk to (Y/n)," Hank tells me as I sit down to do my work the next day.

"Why so, Lieutenant?" I ask.

"Didn't you notice that she was in a bad mood after you chased those deviants yesterday?"

"Yes, but I decided not to say anything."

Hank shakes his head. "Look, when girls give you the cold shoulder they really just want to talk... or sometimes they get mad and lash out on you if you try to speak to them." Hank shrugs.

"Which one does (Y/n) do?" I ask.

"Both. It depends on how mad she is at you." Hank says. "Regardless, you should still talk to her."

I nod. "Where is she?"

"She's at school right now," Hank says and then throws his car keys at me. "It takes 20 minutes to get there from here. Her school's over in 30 minutes so get a move on."

I nod and then leave after Hank tells me where the school is. I pull up in front of the school and wait. After about 15 minutes I see (Y/n) walking out with two boys on either side of her. She's holding the straps to her backpack tightly as the boys smile and laugh while (Y/n) looks unamused. The boy on her left suddenly trips (Y/n) and she falls to the ground. I feel my blood boil and I clench my fist. I get out of the car and slam the door shut.

"What you gonna do about it? Freak!" One of the boys yell and mash his index and middle finger against her head.

"Hey!" I yell, catching their attention. "Leave her alone!"

The other boy snickers. "So now you got your plastic pet saving your ass?" The boy mocks her. He then turns to me. "Mind your own business you fucking piece of plastic." I stand in front of (Y/n). "Did you hear me, you piece of shit?! Mind your own business!"

"I'm sorry, but I only take orders from (Y/n) and Lieutenant Anderson," I tell him.

"That's it!" He growls and punches me in the stomach. I hold my stomach and collapse to the ground.

"Leave him alone!" (Y/n) yells and gets up, punching one of the boys in his nose. She turns to the other boy and kicks him in the stomach

The one she punched in the nose gets up as he holds his nose. Blood seeps through his fingers. "This isn't over, bitch." He growls and I tense up.

The two boys run away and (Y/n) turns to me. "Are you okay?" She asks. I nod. "It didn't look like it. You practically collapsed."

"I'm fine, (Y/n). Androids don't feel pain." I reassure her as I stand up and fix my tie and straighten my jacket.

"Why are you here?" She asks.

"To pick you up from school, of course."

She nods and then walks to the car. I stare after her and tilt my head. 'Okay... maybe she's still mad at me.'

I walk back to the car and get into the driver seat. I start the car and drive off. (Y/n) stares out the car window and it is silent for the first five minutes of the ride. The silence is seriously killing me right now!

"(Y/n) I'm sorry for my actions yesterday. My intention wasn't to make you mad. I was just trying to accomplish my mission."

"Aww look, CyberLife even gave you a brown-nosing apology program." She smirks.

(Y/n) ↑

'I'm doing good. I just got to keep this up.'

"Those boys..." I start. "Do they always bother you?"