Chapter 13: The Sports Festival Continues

The results had finally come in. After 42 students had made it through the obstacle course, the 2 participants of the next event had been decided. Izuku had been chatting with Ochaco the entire time. 

"Alright. Our next event will be... a cavalry battle!" Called Midnight from the podium. "Students will gather into groups of four. Each student is given a point value, and your team's point score is added, and represented by a headband. If you lose the headbands, you lose the points, and if you snatch the headband of another team, you get their points. The top four teams with the most points after 20 minutes will move on to the final event."

The large screen changed, showing all the point values. Midoryia had...

10 MILLION POINTS?!

Midoryia could instantly feel everyone turn their gaze to him. With that many points, he would be everyone's target. Especially Bakugo and Todoroki.

The students were soon dismissed to find their groups. Nobody would team up with Izuku, most likely due to the fact that he would basically be wearing a giant, flashing target instead of a headband. 

Izuku was running out of hope, until he was tapped on the shoulder. He turned around to see Ochaco, beaming at him. "Hey, what are you doing?"

Ochaco giggled. "Teaming up with you obviously." she said. "Isn't it best to team up with people you get along with?" she said with a warm smile.

Izuku couldn't help but return this smile. He nodded. That's one. He just needed two more. 

Not much later, a girl with pink hair came up to them. "Hey, you're the kid with the Ten Million points, right? I want to be on your team!" she said.

Izuku turned to the enthusiastic girl. "Me? But, I'm going to be such a target."

"That's the point." she answered. "Everyone's eyes will be on you. So that means I can use my babies and people will see!" she said.

Izuku raised his eyebrow. "Babies?" he said.

"Yep! That's what I call my inventions!" she said taking out a number of inventions. A backpack resembling that of a pro-hero's, and a pair of large, mechanical boots. "These'll help us win, and people will see them!" 

Midoryia could tell that these items would be useful. Midoryia would have to be on top of the cavalry to guard the headband at all times. So he couldn't move his hands to the floor and transmute. But with her inventions, they would stand a better chance at getting away from everyone. "Alright. You're in." he said.

She cheered and hollered. "Awesome! My name's Hatsume."

Izuku explained his strategy. They just needed one more person...

***

The time had come. Izuku was on top, Hatsume and Ochaco in the back, and the Tokoyami in front. Tokoyami was there for defense. His Dark Shadow would be great for guarding multiple angles at once.

Midoryia had put on Hatsume's backpack, and Ochaco and Hatsume both wore a pair of her hover-boots. 

"Alright everybody! It's time to get the next event started! Everyone make sure you hang onto your headbands, and good luck! Now, IT'S TIME TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" called Present Mic from the announcers box. 

The event started, and Izuku's team was immediately swarmed by the other teams, coming from all directions to claim the coveted ten-million headband. Izuku switched on the backpack, hearing the it's engines begin to whirl, as Hatsume and Ochaco used their boots. The lift of the boots and the force of the backpack's rocket, combined with Ochaco's quirk was enough to propel them into the air and keep them there for a while.