xxviii.

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurentperspective

-

"ARE YOU THE reason why Elijah ended up breaking the glass door?" Theo arches his eyebrow at me, looking at me with suspicion.

"No?" I scrunch my face in confusion, "Damn. How did he break the glass door?"

"Oh, he was smashing it with the metal baseball bat. It was pretty scary watching him do that," he mutters, shuddering at the thought as he leans back on his chair.

I look at the empty seat next to me, waiting for Elijah to enter the class but I knew he wasn't going to come here. He had started his game of ignoring me, pretending like I don't exist.

"I don't think he's even going to show up at school," Theo sighs, watching me look back at the door every time it opens. It definitely didn't look like Elijah was going to join our Chemistry class.

"Are you going to tell me what happened yesterday? You don't have to though," he gives me a small smile as he glances at my sullen expression.

"I can summarise it for you. I revealed something to him and now he technically hates me," I sigh, leaning back on the chair.

"Did he say that he hates you?" Theo arches his eyebrow at me, crossing his arms.

I bite my lip, "Well, not exactly but he-."

"There you go!" Theo grins, clasping his hands together, "If he didn't say that he hates you, then that means he's just angry at you but he doesn't hate you."

"Dude, he broke a glass door because of me. Doesn't that say a lot?" I groan, leaning my jaw on my hand as I watch the grin on Theo's face slightly fade away.

"Well, Elijah is always angry so it's nothing to worry about," Theo mumbles, waving his hand dismissively before grabbing the test tubes since we were meant to do an experiment.

"That's true," I sigh, "But he didn't even come to school because of me. That shows how much he's pissed at me."

"Or maybe he's just sick or broke his hand or I don't know," he shrugs.

"When has Elijah ever broken his own bones? He's the one breaking other people's bones," I snort, shaking my head at Theo.

"Then that leaves us with the option of him being sick," Theo groans, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, can't imagine him being sick and laying on the bed," I shake my head with a frown, "Which leaves us with the option that he's skipping school and trying to avoi-."

"Hey, Anna. Do you wanna join us?" The blonde boy from the row in front of us turns around, smiling at me.

"No, John. Don't interrupt me again," I scoff, giving him a distasteful look.