||13.5||(4)

Cooper regretted everything he did in the past the moment he saw Isla.

She was still the same -a sight for sore eyes. Anyone would say that she was happy by having a look at her expensive clothes,diamond ring and delicate smile.

But he knew better. Her eyes,her sad smile told a different story.

A look at her eyes and immediately started regretting leaving her for his bastard of a friend.

She told him about Sebastian and went on and on about how happy she was.

Lies

Though he was unofficially single,he still kept tabs on Eva. He knew about her new job at Sebastian's company. He also knew about Sebastian's secret love affair with his wife.

To say he was digusted was an understatement.

He couldn't digest the fact that the two people he swore to keep happy were now the reason for his despair.

But he didn't let Isla have a clue that he too, like her, knew everything.

Each lie she said made him want to strangle Sebastian.

Each smile she gave made him ache for the girl he had left in the past.

He never confessed his love for her to anyone only because he somehow thought that he wouldn't be able to keep her happy. He wouldn't be able to give her the life she deserves.

But, seeing her now, made him realise that if Isla would have accepted his love in the past then he would've worked his ass off to keep her happy.

Hell,he kept his gold digger wife, for whom he never felt an ounce of affection, like a goddamn queen. Ofcourse, he would have kept Isla,the woman he loved,more than happy.

A thousand possibilities ran through his mind. Each making him feel more and more guilty. Each making him want to ruin his wife and his best friend.

He wanted to change everything. He wanted to make her happy,make her feel loved and have a family she always wanted.

But would she love him back?

That day,he saw her walk away from him for the second time.

The first time,when he willingly let her go.

This time, because he didn't know if he should hold her hand or let her go again.

Cooper's dark days of confusion came to an end when she called him crying for help.

That day he made his mind.

It won't matter if she would ever his love but still he made a promise to her that he'd do everything in his power to keep her happy and safe.

And, for that, he would start by destroying the people who dared to hurt her.