Chapter TEN

Alexandrea's P.O.V

"No!... Stop hurting me... Please.." I cried as my father dragged me towards the electric cooker. His grip in my hair was tight as I cried and begged. He gripped my hair tighter and continued dragging me, I had to follow because of the throbbing pain on my scalp.

"I love it when you beg, it's such a turn on" He grinned at me before turning on the electric stove. I widened my eyes after realizing what he was about to do.

"No! Please don't do this...please..I'm begging you" I begged as fresh tears start to flow out of my eyes.

He bent me towards the stove as I let out a scream. My back was almost touching the red hot surface of the electric stove. I could feel the radiation of heat coming from it.

"Stop screaming bitch"he yelled as he pulled my body away from the stove. He grabbed my arm and pressed it against the red and hot surface of the stove and I screamed in pain. I could feel the heat eating up the skin of my right arm. He removed it and smiled menacingly at the huge burn on the side of my right arm.

I jolted up from the nightmare breathing heavily. My face is sticky due to dried tears and my eyes are bloodshot. I stood up from my bed and checked the time.

6:40am

At least I had enough sleep today, I thought as I went to the bathroom to take my bath and brush my teeth. I stood in front of the mirror after that in my fluffy red towel as the pale skin and puffy blue eyed girl stared back me. I traced the place the burn my father gave me and stopped when the memories began to come up.

Why me? Why do I have to be the one living this kind of life? Will the nightmares ever stop? Will the frown lines on my face ever disappear?

I sighed and went back to my room to get ready for the day. After I said I was daydreaming in the rain when Bex asked how I got the cold. Everyone started laughing and scolded me too say the truth. Then I told them of how Bex ditched me for Andy then it started raining and I found my way home.

At least half of it was true.

Bex didn't believe me and gave me a knowing look. I ignored her then we all started talking about random stuffs and Zoey told me different stories about her and Nicholas. In short, it was fun and I actually felt happy for once. We all went our various ways around late noon and I spent the rest of my day with Bex and her family. I came home late at night and my mom scolded me for company late. I apologized and told her about my new set of friends and she smiled and said she is glad that I'm finally moving on. We ate and went to bed after that. I slept off and woke up like every other day. I hate Monday mornings.

I wore my clothes and stood in front of the mirror.

(Alex's outfit)

(Alex's outfit)

I put hair in it's usual ponytail and took my bag then raced downstairs.

"Morning mom" I said as I sat down to eat breakfast.