ᴛʏᴘʜᴏᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴀɪɴ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 : 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Tell me the rules you've broken."

━━━ ₊˚. ☾ ˎˊ- ━━━

I swallowed hard, trying to calm the frenzy in my mind. He doesn't really expect me to actually say-

His gloved hand harshly grabbed my chin, pulling my face up to look at him.

"I'm waiting."

"I-I ran from you." I choked out, trying the best to steady my shaking voice.

"Yes you did." He agreed, carefully examining my flushed face. "What else?" He continued, removing his hand from beside me.

I looked down and furrowed my brows in confusion. What else?

"I'll give you a hint." He added, pulling out the ransom note from his pocket before tearing it in half. "Your grammar was off as well." He chided, smirking at my realization.

"I lied to you." I meekly confessed, trying to put together a timeline in my head of when he possibly could have found that.

"Exactly." he growled, baring his fangs. "You think I'm dumb enough to fall for that stupid move?!"

I grimaced at the sudden change of tone. I frantically shook my head, feeling small with his frame pushed up against me.

He sighed and bit the tip of his glove, pulling it off with his teeth. "I don't like liars, Sayaka."

My shoulders tensed up as he stepped away from me and made his way over to the desk. He pulled out the drawer and stared at the contents before selecting something. From where I was watching, I couldn't quite make out what it was until he turned and faced me.

A whip.

The corners of my eyes filled with tears when I realized that there would be no way out. I slowly raised my shaking arms to wrap around me: an ineffective and weak method of self comfort.

He ran the whip through his hands, observing the material. He nodded, "this will do nice."

He started walking towards me and I pushed myself as far back into the bookshelf as I possibly could.

I let the first tear roll down my face. "Please I- I'm begging you."

"Are you?" He drawled, flashing me a sadistic smile. "If you were begging, you'd be on your knees."

My heart dropped the second I heard the request. I brought my hands down and balled them in fists. Standing there, I felt it. The same weird, burning adrenaline that was coursing in my veins earlier. Except this time; it was stronger. I was suddenly reminded of what Mother had said to me the day I left.