Chapter 46: Curseworld Part 1

At Steep Wisdom, Wu tells the Ninja they need supplies.

"Shouldn't we be going to Stiix?" Kai asked "The longer we wait, the worse it'll get"

"We need to stock up" Wu replied

"On what? Magic tea that will make us invincible?" Jay gasps "Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?"

"never going to happen" Aria shuts him down

"Sadly, no magical tea today. I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else" Wu says

"What? You sold your business?" Zane asks "But that was for your retirement"

"Ah! Hello again, Ninja" Cyrus greeted

"While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know" Wu explained

"It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you" Cyrus looks around "Lloyd looks older. I see a Water Ninja. A titanium Nindroid. Cole is a...a ghost? Huh? Jay looks shorter. Aria has silver hair. And, and then there's Kai."

"I'm sorry, Dr. Borg, but cut to the chase" Kai says "We don't have much time"

"Yes, always the impatient one. Come, let me show you" Cyrus presses a button to bring up their vehicles "If you want a little muscle with that hustle, I've made Jay a lightning-fast Ghost Taker GT. Front spectral intake, rear incorporeal storage"

"Oh, why did the Ghost cross the street? Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause he saw me coming in that!" Jay jumps in his vehicle and rides it.

"Zane's Ice mech. Sure it appears to be the same, but I've equipped the underarms with Deepstone particle shooters, allowing you to freeze the competition"

"Super cool. And I mean quite literally" Zane too, jumps into the mech.

"Cole, I've made you a Ghost Cycle. Twin carbine blasters, auto-evasive handling. Made entirely of Deepstone, perfectly molded to fit the, uh...bodiless. And I've set all the radio presets to your favorite: soft rock"

Cole climbs on "I do love a slow jam" He turns on the radio "Whoa!"

"And for you, Kai" Cyrus tosses Kai a red headband.

"A headband" Kai says annoyed

"A personal embroidered headband. Thirty-two thread count, easy tie capabilities. I apologize. I lost track of the time building the other vehicles" Cyrus says "Eh, same goes for you, Lloyd. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure you'd be making it back. And uh Aria could usually hold her own without anything so..."

"Hey, I'm just happy to be here. We'll take any help we can get" Lloyd said

Aria sighs "I've never felt so useless before, this must be what it feels like to be Jay"

"I heard that!" Jay shouts

"I hear Morro has opened a bridge between our two realms. It'll take time for the Preeminent to cross" Cyrus says

"Which is why we need Lloyd to use his powers to destroy the Realm Crystal before that happens" Wu informs "If Ninjago is cursed, the other realms are sure to follow"

"My kingdom's already cursed in darkness, what's worse?" Aria questioned "Besides that they'll be expecting us won't they? Morro still has the Sword of Sanctuary. Even with all these fancy new vehicles, how are we supposed to get close?"

"Maybe I can lure him out. He said he always wanted to be the Green Ninja" Lloyd suggested

"No. He will not leave the Realm Crystal unguarded until his master is freed" Wu said "But I have an idea"

-

In Stiix, Morro's army of ghosts begins consuming massive amounts of food, while the citizens are either imprisoned or in hiding. Various trucks from Chen's Noodle industry arrive at the docks, with one truck driven by Master and Misako being halted by Morro. The ghosts look in the back of the truck, only to find that it's suspiciously empty. Master tells Morro that the Ninja will defeat his army of ghosts, but they can still end the occupation without further conflict. Morro disagrees with Master and has him and Misako imprisoned with the other civilians.

The Ninja secretly begin their assault on Stiix's assailants, battling and defeating many of the ghosts, and allowing "Lloyd" to make it through the city unharmed to get to the Realm Crystal and destroy it. However, Morro and several ghosts stop and seize Lloyd.

"Surely it's not just you. I know your Ninja are never far. Come out, come out, wherever you are. I have your beloved Green Ninja. You think you can come into my home and steal the Crystal I rightfully earned? You think I'll just hand it to you, just like the green gi was handed to you? Tell me. Tell all of us that I'm better than you, and I'll let you go. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" Morro takes his hood off, revealing Nya.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you. I'm still a little wet behind the ears" Nya creates a water ball.

"She's a Water Ninja. She's....Protect the Realm Crystal!" Morro shouts

Nya destroys some Ghosts, but had to fight Morro.

Kai turns to Lloyd "The plan to get him away from the Realm Crystal worked. We'll clear a path for you, then you can do the rest"

Lloyd then confronts Morro, who crumbles the temple he is standing on apart and levitates its remains into the air. 

"I'm stronger, Lloyd. I always have been. And I've been inside your head. I know what you're afraid of. You could never do it alone, could you? Weak. You need others, but I, I need no one" Morro taunts "You need your girlfriend to save you, but where is she now Lloyd? What are you waiting for, Lloyd? An invitation? If you want the Real Crystal, earn it"

"I did learn a thing or two with you in my head" Lloyd uses Airjitzu to get closer to Morro, but he uses his Wind to push him off "Whoa!"

"Watch your step. The fall can be a doozy" Morro uses his WInd to push a platform Lloyd's going to land on "What's wrong, too hard for ya? This is the end of the line, Lloyd. I'll miss you"

Ronin arrives in R.E.X and bombards the debris with a shower of golden coins, causing the debris to plummet to the ground below, as Lloyd enters the room with the Crystal. With Morro having disappeared, Lloyd obtains the Crystal and builds up his energy to destroy it.

"Stop! Please, don't" Morro begged walking into the room

"This isn't your world anymore, Morro. You had your chance. The Realm Crystal must be destroyed. The First Spinjitzu Master never wanted us to have it" Lloyd answered

"But-but if you destroy it, you destroy any chance of ever saving your father" Morro says which gets Lloyd's attention "yes. Yes, I've seen him. He waits for you... locked up in the Cursed Realm. Destroy the Crystal and, and the gateway will be wiped out. You'll never get a chance to see your beloved daddy again"

"Uh...you've...you've seen him?" Lloyd questioned then shook his head "No. He'd do everything to save Ninjago, and you would do everything to destroy it. The Realm Crystal must be destroy-" The Preeminent restrains Lloyd.

"Lloyd!" Aria shouts

"The gateway is complete" Morro laughs "My master has arrived. You have it wrong. Ninjago must be destroyed. Say hello to your father for me"

The Preeminent pulls Lloyd into the Cursed Realm

"NO" Aria screams running up to the tower

Aria ran past Morro and grabbed the realm crystal. Morro quickly grabbed her and pulled the realm crystal away from her.

"Sorry sis" Morro laughed "it's over, you lose"

Aria smirked "you're mistake"

"what?" Morro questioned looking into Aria's glowing dark purple eyes

-

"We have to get Aria" Kai says

Zane nodded "the situation is get-"

The top of the tower exploded in a rain of purple fire and the ninja looked up in horror.

"ARIA"