Chapter 1

Lloyd stood by his locker getting his books out. It was six in the morning and although the school was to start eight-thirty, he felt he had no choice. He closed his locker and rushed off to his homeroom. He set up his seat at the back making sure to leave it in a way that no one would think of sitting on it. He did the same for the rest of his classes and hurried to the Janitor's closet. He dropped the keys back where he took them from and closed-door with him still inside. There was a door leading to the old boiler room hidden behind a huge metal shelf. He pushed the shelf away from the door and went through. He returned the shelf to its original position and closed the door behind him. There were a series of old passages that were connected throughout the school and lead to different rooms in the school. These passages was where Lloyd stayed in till school began and was what he used to get in and out of classes without going near people. This was the daily routine of Lloyd Garmadon.

X~X~X~X~X~

I can't believe I forgot something, Lloyd screamed in his head as he ran through the secret passages. He got to an exit point and sneaked his way into the hallway. Unfortunately for him, there were already a few people in the hallway. He narrowed his eyes to figure out a way through without being noticed. He decided with the usual hoodie up, hoping no one would recognize him, considering he hadn't been in front of people in a long time.

As he walked down the hall, not that many noticed him, to his relief. He wanted to be in and out before people recognized him. He heard a few familiar voices but he didn't want to be sure. Curiosity got the better of him and he turned back to see the cheer squad talking with each other at a corner. He quickly turned back before he was spotted but something hit him from his front causing him to fall backward and land on the floor. His hoodie fell down and gasps were heard in the hallway. He gulped.

He looked at what hit him and saw a girl holding a high stack of library books. Lloyd stood up from the floor almost immediately and dusted himself off. He pulled up his hoodie and walked past the girl in a hurry. People started whispering as he passed them. They were avoiding him like he had some sort of contagious disease.

How much farther is my locker anyway, Lloyd thought to himself with frustration. As soon as he thought that he saw his locker right up ahead and went straight for it. He quickly got what he needed but was stopped before he could detour to homeroom.

"Hey, dude! We thought you were dead!" Lloyd looked at the owner of the voice. Oh no, Kai. He was paralyzed with fear when he saw Kai's face.

"Yeah, no one's seen you since homecoming!" Lloyd noticed his sister Nya too and this time you could see the fear in his eyes. Although his face looked calm, it was obvious he was shocked and paralyzed with fear. He had hoped not to run into any of the people who bullied him.

"Where you been?" Kai asked him, a sly look on his face. "And why are you just coming now?"

"Uh.. I- uh-"

"What?" Kai asked taking a step closer to him. "Cat got your tongue?"

Lloyd just stood to stare at Kai in fear. He couldn't say a thing. The words just wouldn't come out from his mouth.

"Hey everyone! Lloyd Garmadork is back!" Kai shouted out to everyone in the hallway. People started turning their heads in his direction before turning in Lloyd's direction. Kai grabbed the front collar of Lloyd's shirt and pulled him in front for everyone to see.

Was an English textbook really worth all this? Lloyd thought to himself. He could see people coming towards him, most of them writing stuff in notes as they walked towards him. Others were stereotyping him as evil again, muttering names he wished to never hear again. What does have a sophomore have to do to get the bell to ring! He thought to himself in frustration. His face was becoming less of one with fear but instead more of one with frustration.

It's the same thing over and over again. Lloyd Garma-this, Lloyd Garma-that, son of a this, evil, devil's spawn. How much more before I break? Lloyd mentally slapped himself. He noticed Kai wasn't holding him again. And Nya had gotten out her phone and was texting somebody. He could leave before the bell rang without having to deal with this. He decided on that as his best form of action.

Lloyd ducked out of the way, his English textbook in hand, and headed towards the boys' bathroom. A few people followed, taking pictures of him before he ran inside the bathroom and slammed the door shut. He used the ventilation system to get into one of the passageways and made his way to homeroom. He was going to have to be more careful now that people know he still exists.

------

Hey everyone! New Ninjago book from me today. I hope you like it. Also if you feel you've seen this book before it's probably because it's on Ao3 cause that's where this book was first published- by me.

Thnx for reading.