26: Plasma

Hiko woke up with a sore back. Sleeping on the floor was not Hiko's favorite way to sleep. He had spent the rest of the other night drawing a new illustration on his book. He had come up with a new technique he wanted to try with Korra. He sat up and stretched his arms while looking at the empty bed. Last night when he had finished his illustration Kai was fast asleep and snoring, which gave Hiko a few more minutes before falling asleep.

After freshening up he exited the room and went to the dining room to see everyone sitting around the table with a worried expression.

"Wha-" Hiko was cut off.

"Kai's missing, we don't know where he is." Korra gestured the chair next to her which Hiko sat on. "He left the house early in the morning to get breakfast and he hasn't gotten back."

"We've searched all over the upper ring but there's no sign of him." Asami said with clenched hands. Jinora sat beside Asami avoiding Hiko's gaze. Hiko noticed she looked far more worried than anyone in the table.

"It's probably the Earth queen." Korra shushed Hiko before he could open his mouth anymore.

"We can't talk about that too loudly." Korra said in a hushed voice.

"She must have been kidnapping Airbenders, but why?" Hiko rubbed his chin in thought. "Wait, I have an idea!"

Korra and Asami were leaning against a wall listening for Hiko's cue. His plan was crazy, but they couldn't think of anything else.

Hiko walked quickly toward no specific destination. Bolin jumped out of his corner and bumped into Hiko.

"Hey watch where you're going kid!" Bolin jabbed a finger at Hiko's chest stumbling him slightly. A few guards patrolling the area stopped in their tracks to observe the situation.

"I was until you're huge ugly chin turned the corner!" Hiko shoved Bolin which made him fall.

"Oh! You're getting it now!" Bolin got up and delivered a jab at Hiko's chin. He then ran up to him and put him into a headlock.

"Hey that actually hurt." Hiko whispered.

"Yeah sorry." Bolin removed Hiko from the headlock and took a few steps back.

"Prepare to perish by my Airbending skills!" Asami nudged Korra in the side waking her up. Korra delivered an airblast to Bolin who hit the wall behind him with a thud. Hiko, who was facing Bolin had his arms up and acted like he did it. The guards watching them nodded to each other and set off into another direction.

"Where are they going?" Korra whispered to Asami.

"They probably don't want to capture him with people watching." Hiko looked at Korra and nodded before walking toward the direction where the guards walked to. He reached a dark alley where his hands were bound by earth hands. He hit the wall behind him hard, which knocked him out cold.

Hiko woke up in a small cell, his skin touching the cold metal floors. He sat up and touched the walls which were also metal. Perfect. He soon heard a loud knock on the door which made him flinch.

"Get up! It's time for your training!" The guard outside shouted to all of the prisoners.

Crap. Hiko had thought about everything up until this point. He knew how he was gonna get out, but how was he gonna fake Airbend without Korra? Soon, the metal door creaked open. Hiko stepped out to see tons more of prisoners making their way to the hallway to the right. He squeezed himself in between two lanky looking men. They were lined up horizontally where they also faced a line of Airbenders.