40: The Divine Six

Mageia waited to be acknowledged by the newly transformed Sacreds, now exchanging dark looks amongst themselves, as if they hadn't seen one another in a while and this wasn't a pleasant reunion. Then their eyes fell on her and studied her from head to toe with pure annoyance and dark curiosity.

The warm breeze of the Serene subsided and left a residue chill in the air. Mageia held her breath, sensing what had happened to the Sacreds, but didn't want to openly acknowledge it.

"," Madeena cursed in some ancient tongue. Her voice, filled with hatred and cruelty, was magnified by the great hall like a deep echo and pressed heavily on Mageia's heart. Mageia bit down on her bottom lip, horrified that Mesori had possessed Madeena.

"Another Fairest?" said Danala making a confused frown on the face that once belonged to 15-year-old Dana. "Does this mean Tiivon is dead?"

"Tiivon is not dead," Nabea said, or rather the goddess Naphri. She then stared at Mesori and Raasal. "If he were, he would be here along with the others."

A sinister smirk crawled across Rasni's golden-tanned face, revealing the true nature of the god, Rasaal. He rested a hand on the hilt of his sword. "I hope he is lost forever. It appears now we must deal with this one."

Eyes shot to Mageia again. She had nothing to say. Never would she have imagined being a part of such an experience. To face the Diviine Six in this manner struck her with both fear and excitement.

"The Ordained will find a way to free themselves from your grasps," Naphri said with spite dipped in a history of hatred.

"You know, Naphri, it takes a long time to wake from such a state," Mesori pointed out, giving a cold, wicked grin.

"Because of your foolish actions, we are in this mess. It is further unbalancing things," Naphri sneered, then sharply indicated to Mageia. "It's a female this time."

Mageia gawked, highly offended, but Naphri didn't seem to care. Rasaal shrugged and rolled his eyes, also without a single care. Mageia stared at them, waiting for someone to explain what happened to the Sacreds. She caught eyes with the red eyes of Dawnis, who had possessed the sweet-hearted Don. He averted his gaze to the marble floor, like a shy little boy who wished not to be addressed.

"I like the fact it's a female," Danala spoke. "Alalia would be most enthused. Still, what does this mean?"

"Can we get this over with? I was in the middle of something," said Sakon. He crossed his large arms that once belonged to the friendly giant Sadon.

"Weren't we all?" Naphri huffed.

"Tell us who you are, female?" Danala demanded.

"Um, you are the gods, shouldn't you know?" Mageia's voice was hesitant, as if speaking would be deemed unworthy.

In response, her purple magic exited her body, blew towards the Diviine Six, and entered their chests. Within seconds, their colorful eyes fluttered for a moment, receiving a wave of new information. A sudden ache unraveled within Mageia's head, and she stumbled. She massaged her forehead and waited for someone to respond.

Mesori scoffed with dislike and exchanged a dark expression with Rasaal, who stood a few feet away from her. Naphri folded her arms, face twisting in annoyance, while Danala couldn't stop her lips from stretching into a glorious smile. Sakon only sighed with boredom and uninterest.

"Mageia Seviine," whispered a gentle voice. She turned to face Dawnis, who fought his timid moment to stare at her confidently. "." He gave her an honored nod. Never had she told anyone the name of her father nor the ancient line she bore in her blood. To hear it come from his lips made her tremble.