Chapter 15

“Ava!” I heard my mom’s voice from downstairs “There’s someone at the door for you!” she said, I groaned loudly and stood up from my bed and then closed the door to my bedroom as I headed downstairs, I lifted my gaze and froze; there was Chase at the door, with a dozen roses in hand. I didn’t speak to him yesterday at school because I was still a little mad at him, I mean, I would get why he would be worried about me moving away to New York if it happened, but what really made me mad was that it hasn’t even happened and he acted like I was moving away that instant! Juilliard has been my dream for as long as i can remember, and nothing is going to change that, if I do get in, of course I’m going to go! It’s the most prestigious music school in the country, I could never pass up that opportunity! Ans as for me and Chase, well I guess we’d just have to figure it out together and get through it together, I mean, isn’t that what couples do? They fight for their relationship! They don’t just give up when it gets a little bumpy.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered as I crossed my arms over my chest and glanced at him warily, he looked at me and pouted adorably “Please forgive me.” he cooed and a small giggle escaped my lips, he sighed and enveloped me in a hug, embracing me tightly 

“Thanks for the flowers.” I muttered and I felt him chuckle “And you’re forgiven.” I said and he hugged me tighter, I grabbed his hand and waved a quiet goodbye to my mom as we went to my room, I noticed he’d never been up there, we’d always go to my music room when we hung out. 

“Nice room.” he said as we stepped in, I took the flowers from his grasp and got a random vase that was in my mom’s room, put some water in it and set the roses inside, putting them on my nightstand

“Thanks.” I said with a sigh as I sat on my bed and looked up at him, I giggled and patted the spot next to me, he obliged and sat next to me, I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed “I don’t like fighting.” I whispered 

“I’m sorry, I just panicked.” he muttered “Just the thought of you leaving me—“ 

“Hey.” I whispered softly as I grabbed his chin and pecked his lips softly “Nothing is definite as of now, I haven’t heard a word from them, so for now let’s not talk about Juilliard.” I said and he nodded as he rested his forehead on mine as he sighed softly “And if it makes you feel any better, I applied to some colleges close to here.”

“Really?” he said and I nodded

“Juilliard’s my dream but I have to keep my options open.” I said with a shrug “But promise me something…” I said, he looked at me “if I do get into Juilliard and I do go to New York, promise me you won’t give up on us.” I said and he nodded “We’ll fight for us.” 

“I promise.” he whispered and I pecked his lips softly and giggled when he kissed me a little more hungrily, wrapping his arms around my waist…

*****

“Glad to see you two made up.” Ashley muttered as she munched on her pizza, we were currently at that local pizzeria that I had now learned was called “Joe’s Pizzeria!”, and we were waiting for Jase to arrived, he was a little late which was weird

“Yup.” I giggled as I kissed Chase’s cheek and Ashley gagged “Oh come on, you’re just jealous.” I winked and she rolled her eyes

“Ooh, do tell.” Chase said as he took a bite out of my pizza. Greedy bastard. 

“Shut up, Ava Grace Williams.” she snapped and I laughed at her expression as she pointed her finger at me 

“Oh come on, Ash.” Chase pouted “It’s just me.” he grinned and Ashley rolled her eyes