1

German Booty

Several eyes dart away, looking anywhere except where the massive man's gaze might meet them as they slowly grazed through the mingling group, looking for any kind of connection.

The man deeply sighed and turned to his personal assistant who was busy examining his phone, "I think they're scared of me, Todd." he whispered dejectedly.

His assistant, Todd, turned to his boss with a snort, "Well that's just straight up stupid, August. Look at you," he said, gesturing to the giant's body, "you're a big hunk of pure German man. Who would want to miss out on all that?"

August felt doubt creep in. He didn't know if Todd's words were meant to be encouraging, finding several reasons why someone would want to forego being around, let alone, being with him. Either way he was beginning to think that this whole 'wifey search', as Todd put it, was a waste of time. 

He along with Todd and several other employees in his company had set off a couple weeks earlier for quick business meeting, which was nothing out of the ordinary. The strange suggestion from Todd to take some time off and drive the scenic route back home however, is what led August to be dragged to several blind dating events or his 'wifey search', which he in particular, had been ardently avoided in every event this duo had visited so far. 

He understood what his assistant was doing, and deep down he appreciated it, but right now all he could think about was sitting on the balcony of his home with a cold glass of Bärenjäger in his hand as he enjoyed the sunset and the cool evening breeze. But in that scenario, as always, he'd be by himself, and that was the one thing he didn't want to think about anymore. So, however uncomfortable he was, August pushed himself to try and socialize at every event his assistant found on their way back to Montana, hoping to find someone who would at the very least try to understand him; because despite all his reclusive tendencies, August did yearn for a partner. But if the rest of the trip continued like this, there was no way he'd have one any time soon. 

Especially since he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

As they stood out in the afternoon sun on the endless green lawn of a local country club, things seemed to be going just the same in this town. August began to slowly shake his head in disagreement, "I think-"

"Look," Todd interrupted, jutting his chin towards a group women, "that girl's checking out your butt."

August's dark brows drew together. The thought of someone actually taking an interest in him in any way was perplexing. Yet, he discreetly chanced a look over his shoulder anyway, despite his doubts, and found a girl snapping her head to the sky.

He looked up too. Was there a bird? He shook his head when he saw two sparrows chasing each other in the sky and turned back to his assistant, "Any luck?"

Todd sighed irritably, running a hand through his shoulder length, auburn hair, "I wouldn't call it luck, per-se. I told you that I'm only here for you on this little detour, but I guess some things can't be helped. I'm literal eye candy and there's nothing I can do about it." He shrugged, confusing the unwanted attention for good looks instead of being the more approachable one out of the duo. 

August nodded solemnly in agreement though, feeling a little worn out from this search.

"Hey," Todd reached up and firmly patted August's large, broad shoulder, "don't be too hard on yourself, bud. Sometimes people need a little push, 'ya know? To see that you're not a bad guy. You're just..." he waved his hand around searching for the right word, "very...big. And big things, they intimidate. So, slap a smile on that pretty face of yours to make 'em feel at ease, then people will be fallin' at the sight of ya."