𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXXIII

Tell me how things came to this.

I blew air to express my frustration, it caught Chesca's attention. She gave me a side eye signalling me to stay quiet, I only rolled my eyes in return. She's enjoying this only because she's with Jeno.

We're currently having coffee and pastries while finishing our final outputs. It's a busy day in the café so only two-seaters are available. Jeno and Chesca were behind me, beside me is none other than Jed that hasn't spoke a single word ever since earlier.  So now what? He hugged me yesterday now he's acting like nothing happened after confusing me big time.

As if this Math problem is not annoying enough. Jed sat quietly sipping on his huge cup of iced coffee. I can't help but notice we ordered the same. He skipped the whipped cream though.

Come to think of it, we really have a lot in common. Even the style of our clothes matches unintentionally. He's wearing a denim jacket over his plain white tees while I wear a white fitting blouse with denim skit. From afar we look like a couple. What? What the hell am I thinking. I shook my head harshly, I should be thinking of my math problems instead of this another problem in front of me.

He faked cough. Just then I realized how I look crazy suddenly shaking my head like that. I feigned a laugh, gosh can I be more embarrassing?

"Excuse me.."
I heard a high pitched voice. I lookef beside me, standing there is a girl with shoulder length hair styled in loose curls. Her straweberry I scented perfume is too strong that it overcame the smell of my coffee. Wow I just met her and I hate her already.

"Uhm, your jacket is really cute, where'd you bought it?"
She completely ignored my presence.  Not that she needs to address me, but she irks me.

Jed looked genuinely confused, if I were in his position I will be, too! Someone, a complete stranger suddenly walks up to you just to ask about your cloth, uhm?

"It's a gift."

Jed swiftly gave me a glance probably noticing how uncomfortable I am.

"Oh, it really suits you well—"

"Excuse me, but my friend here is studying."
He said.

Friend.

I felt a sting somewhere. Why, it's only natural to introduce me just as a friend, why am I hurt?

"Ohh, a friend~ what a good news, I thought she could be your girlfriend or something, join me and my friend for a while then, let's not disturb your friend here."

The amount of the word 'friend' made my eyebrows twitched. Jed noticed my annoyed look. Before he was able to speak a word, the girl pulled him then made him sit down the table not too far away from me. With the frustration building inside me, I hastily grabbed my cup of coffee and sipped a huge amount, I almost finished it. However, when I put the container down, I red the name scribbled on the side. I'm sure as hell 'Jed' is not my name.

My eyes grew double in size. I drank his drink. Shit.

I pushed the drink aside. Goodness, I hate being absentminded. I panicked when I saw Jed standing from the other table. Quickly, I poured some of my coffee on his then wiped the straw that was stained a little.

Jed pulled the seat in front of me, I pretended to continue working on my sheet but in reality I don't know what I am doing. I felt goosebumps when Jed lifted his drink and sipped on it. I heard him mumbled, "sweet?" Of course it got sweeter because of the whipped cream. Dear lord, help me.

I can't contain my nerves that I felt like a jumping bean on my seat. Jed suddenly grabbed one pen I am not using, he started writing on the tissue. He put the tissue in front of me.

' you okay? '

Why not just talk to me and why does he care? He should just go back to that strawberry scented munchkin looking chick.

' you can go back there. im ok. '

He puckered his lips while reading my reply. I thought he is about to stand up but then he wrote again on the tissue paper.

' i am not ok.'

I felt my cheeks furiously blushed. Jed looked down but his ears that is red gave his emotions away.

We were both a blushing mess idiot looking people until we went on our way home.

"What's up with you two?"
Chesca eyed us with a judging look. I know we were awkward ever since Jed came home but we are EXTREMELY aloof right now. There are moments we will slightly interact then repel like similar poles.

"Nothing."
"Nothing."

We made a quick eye contact because of our reply in unison. I looked away because I can't take the intense gaze he has.

"I know you guys have past, but don't you think it's time to make up? As friends at least."

Make up? Is there anything left to fix? We broke up, that's it. I think we should just leave it there. Because there's nothing more to look back.

Jed avoided both me and Chesca, he stayed silent. That's where he's good at, not speaking. He just go with the flow, ride the tide. He never acted on his own will, maybe that's the reason I convinced myself to break ties with him back then.

Is it really necessary to be friends again with someone who used to be your lover? Especially someone who you used to give everything you can? I may act like everything's fine, but somehow, somewhere in my heart it still hurts.

"I don't want to."
He said.

See? Even him thinks everything between us should be over—

"I don't want to be friends with her."

Ouch that kinda hurt, not gonna lie. Did Jed hated me after I pushed him away? It's still my fault after all huh.

I was about to answer but then Jed continued speaking.

"Being friends with me is much less than what I want Lucia to treat me."