Chapter 21- A Night Gone Wrong

POV Ciara

"Would yous rather get toes as fingers, or fingers as toes?" Tucker asks.

The sun has gone down and the four of us sit in circle playing Would You Rather.

Crutchy thinks for a moment before smiling and responding, "Fingers as toes. No one would see how weird they look because I's always wear socks."

"Fair enough, good answer Crutch," Tucker adds. "I's got one for you girlsie, would you rather sleep with Spot or Jack?"

I swear to go this is all these boys ever talk about.

"Oh, I wish I got dis question. I'd love ta have a sleepover with Spot! Jack and I used ta have sleepovers on da roof all the time!" Crutchy gushes.

Tucker and I exchange a look. Oh Crutchy. Poor sweet innocent Crutchy.

"Well, Crutchy said it! Definitely Spot," I blush.

A loud bang causes all of us to flinch and look towards the window.

"Nice goin, Spot. Nice and quiet."

"Shut ya trap Flynn, I's got dis."

The voices outside the window say. But I don't need to hear the names to know it is. 

Flynn was right! Spot really was scheming to get me out.

"Spot? Spot? Is that really you?" I shout jumping up from the floor.

Tucker grabs my ankle on my way up.

"Would ya keep it down? I's would like to last another day please," he whisper shouts.

I nod at him and peer out the window anxiously. Spot slowly glides into view. 

He is hanging from a rope as he hovers over the Refuge window.

"Hey Princess, did ya really expect ta leave like dat on Brooklyn territory?" he smirks.

Every bone in my body tells me not to trust him, that Flynn is lying, or that forgiving Spot would be a foolish mistake- but I push all those  thoughts away.

All that matters now is that he is here to help me escape.

My eyes fill with tears as I start to rambling to him, "S-Spot, I am so sorry. I'm so happy you are here! I care about you way too much. I-I didn't mean what I said-"

"Shhh. Shh, Sh. I know, it's ok. We don't got time for dat right now. Let's talk 'bout dat later. Right now, we's gotta get yous out of dis cell," Spot says calmly.

Sparky and Tucker join me at the window and they stare at Spot proudly.

"Sparky. Nice ta see ya buddy. Ready ta make a run for it?" Spot greets him with a beautiful crooked smile.

"Good to see ya too Conlon, but tonight ain't 'bout me. I's wanna help ya get goirl out," Sparky says.

Spot nods his head slightly yet approvingly, "Yous a good guy Spark."

Crutchy hobbles over to the window to finally join us.

"Hiya Spot! Good ta see ya pal." Crutchy beams excitedly.

"Good to see ya too Crutchy." Spot chuckles.

"Princess, I's need yous to push both of your legs through these bars. I'll be right here da whole time. I ain't goin no where. Flynn's on da roof with a few other boys holdin da rope- we're good ta go."

I glance back at Tucker, Sparky, and Crutchy. I can't believe these boys are so willing to help me right now.

"Thank you guys so much. This means the world to me."

We all hug for a minute until Tucker hoists me up and I start to poke my legs through the bars. I look down at the streets below us and my grip on the rotten bars tighten.

It's a damn long way down. I take a deep breathe as I start to scoot closer slowly pushing my stomach through the bars.

Sparky and Tucker start helping me slide my right arm through the bars. I'm ¾'s of my way out of the window when Sparky starts to climb after me, slowly pushing his legs through the gap.

Suddenly, we hear heavy fast paced footsteps. My heart sinks to my stomach and I feel like I am going to vomit.

"Oh shit. Ok, ok, we's gotta go," Tucker whispers.

Spot's face doesn't change even though my whole body is shaking. I have both my legs out, my right arm, and right shoulder out when the door to our bedroom swings open.

Snyder is holding a gun and he looks absolutely pissed.

"Get back in here you little prick! None of you boys move!" he yells.

"Good luck with da strike, bring it home girlsie." Sparky whispers.

Right as my name leaves his lips, he shoves my other shoulder through the window and fall out and into Spot's arms. We swing on the rope to the side of the window and out of sight.

I hear gunshots blare and I shut my eyes tightly as a scream escapes my lips. Spot holds me tight as we ascend up the building and onto the roof.

My eyes are still shut, but I feel Spot gently place my shaking body on the rooftop.

"H-He shot him. S-Sparky. Snyder k-killed him! I heard the gunshot!" I wail throwing my body onto Spots.

I only met Sparky two days ago and he just risked his life for me. He is the reason I am sitting in Spot's arms on the rooftop of the Refuge unharmed.

Spot holds me tight and close as I sob into his chest.