Chapter 2: Secretly Awkward

A/N: On the side bar is Logan Franklin, as EROS DYLAN DONOVAN.

**********

Chapter 2

Eros Dylan Donovan

Secretly Awkward

My four years old son is running around the house, holding his shirt as he runs, knocking everything on his way. This kid is like an always full pack battery. He doesn't get tired.

"Brad!" I scold, shooting him a look of authority. He immediately stops and pouts. I sigh and walk over in front of him. My son is so cute I can't even get mad at him. Especially when he pulls the 'I'm always innocent' look. "Brad, let's clean you up. Mel is coming here, and we'll have a dinner. Who knows, maybe she has a gift for you..."

His pout turns into a smile as he hears the word 'gift'. Brad likes gifts and surprises. Many people fall for his face, because he has an angel-like face, big brown eyes, and brown curly hair. But on the inside, he's a devil. He keeps pulling pranks and lying.

Brad immediately runs through the stairs up to his room. Shaking my head, I follow him to his room and find him stripping himself off. He sticks his tongue out at me and I let out a chuckle.

"C'mon, buddy." I say, ruffling his hair, which makes him pout. "Let's clean you up."

"Dad, I'm not a kid anymore!" He whines, still pouting at me.

"Yeah?" I say, raising an eyebrow at him. He nods eagerly, grinning. "Adults work. They do a lot of things. They solve heavy problems. Much bigger than math problems. They get hurt."

"I'm a kid. I'm a kid." He says suddenly, grimacing.

Chuckling, I lead him inside the bathroom and open the water, filling up the tub. Brad gets in, and I start whisking water on him, which makes him laugh. His laugh is contagious. It's like a virus, spreading as he releases it. I laugh along with him and start scrubbing his body with a melon soap. He loves the smell of melon. He loves melon fruit. Ripe and sweet. Every scrub, it makes him giggle. He has a lot of sensitive skin parts, like, his neck, the back of his neck, his scalp, his feet, and on either side of his torso. Rinsing him, I open the shower and let the water splash him, a cold one. He shivers, his lips trembling. Oops. Wrong move. I begin to shampoo his head. As usual, it's a melon shampoo. This kid likes melon so darn much. Massaging his scalm, he keeps giggling as I rub it with my hands, bubbles forming on his head and he grabs a handful and blows it on me, landing on my face. He laughs loudly it echoes inside the bathroom and I grin at him, putting the bubbles all over his face. It makes him pout again and I laugh. I rinse his head slowly, making sure there aren't any shampoo left. I tell him he needs to brush his teeth on his own and he happily gets out of the tub and reaches for the cabinet, where the toothpastes and toothbrush are placed. He can't. He growls in annoyance and I just watch him solve his mini problem. He then gets out of the bathroom and I nearly believe he won't brush his teeth. Brad goes inside the bathroom again, with a small chair. He places it and climbs up onto it, reaching for the cabinet. He reaches it and opens it, grabbing the toothpaste and his toothbrush. Brad opens the faucet and lets the water soak his toothbrush, then squeezes the toothpaste onto his toothbrush and wets the toothbrush again. This kid. He begins to brush his teeth. After that, he gets out of the room. I take a shower.

Our house is just small. It's a two story house, with two bedrooms. Our kitchen and dining area are in only one room. The house can accomodate 5 persons. I got this house from my parents. They are dead for 7 years. Brad didn't get the chance to see them. Brad's mother, Tiffany, just gave birth to him and left us without any goodbyes.

Since that very day, I cut every knots between us. Brad, even though he's a brat, grew up with a satisfied love from me. He asked me where's his mother, and I just answered, somewhere far away, and that she'd never come back again. He never asks again. When he found out that I have a new lover, he's thrilled. I introduced Mel to him, and Brad loves her. He even calls her mommy sometimes.

As I step out of the shower, walking into my room, I see Brad already combing his hair. Even though it's messy. He's wearing a red and white stripes polo shirt with collar, matching it with a cream-coloured shorts, and a brown flops.

"Do I look good?" He asks me, looking at me through the mirror. I chuckle. "My hair is kind of messy! Please, Dad, fix it for me!"

I ruffle his head, to make it even messier. He pouts at me.

"You don't need to get groomed, brat." I say, chuckling. "You're still a kid, remember?" He nods.

I just fingercomb his hair. He grins up at me and runs outside of my room. I pick up my attire for the whole day; a white polo shirt, faded jeans, and a black rubber shoes. I wear it and style my hair. Um. Yeah.

Walking downstairs, Brad is watching TV, Spongebob Squarepants is on roll. I make my way there, sitting beside him. I'm never too old for cartoons. Together, we watch it.

Shooting up from the couch, I remember I haven't prepared any food yet, so I quickly go to the kitchen and open the stove. Carbonara will do good. This time, I need to make a pasta for 4 persons. I'm not good at measuring, since I cook only for Brad and I. Sighing, I grab the pasta from the cabinet and pour it into the boiling water. Opening another stove, I start to make the sauce for the pasta. I open the fridge and get the marinated pork chops, decided that I should oven it. I chop mushrooms and parsleys into small ones and put it into the carbonara sauce. I chop bacons into small ones, too, and put it into the sauce. Inhaling the scent, I sigh from satisfaction and stir it casually.

Draining the water for the pasta, I put a butter on the top of the pasta and rub it. My mother taught me how to make smooth and creamy pasta. Shutting the stove where the sauce is on, I grab the pan and pour it into the pasta, coating it with the slimy white sauce. After that, I check the pork chops and it's nearly done. I hope they like pork chops.

Mel said she has a 17 years old son, and I hope it's not a brat. And I hope that Brad and Mel's son will get along. Grabbing the tray of pork chops, I put it on the plate and place the plate on the table. I put some Carbonara in a bowl and place it on the table, too.

Cooking is not my forte, but with Mom's recipes, it's going to taste so good. I'm sure. Mel is the best cook. When we were dating, she told to come into her house, that time, her son wasn't home. Mel cooked for me, and while she was cooking, she told me to pick up Brad, so I did. When I got back, lots of foods were placed on top of the table. My mouth literally watered and Mel gestured for us to take a seat. We tasted Mel's works and I tasted heaven. It was the best meals I've ever had. We hung out for awhile, played some games, like, 20 questions, board games, and much more. Brad and I really had fun. Brad really likes her, and according to him, he can't wait for Mel to live with us. I told her to live with us. She agreed.

Mel and I met at Starbucks. I was drinking coffee, she was ordering something. She caught my eyes and my heart beat fastened. Although it wasn't clear to me what that meant, I still went there and asked for her name. I invited her to have a drink with me, and she agreed again. I asked her name and for her number. She gave it to me. I was really happy that time I couldn't get Mel out of my mind. Something struck me. I'm not in love. But I like her. So every night, I would call her and we would talk for awhile. Then we started to go on dates, and when the fourth date came, I introduced him to Brad. At first, Brad didn't want her. Eventually, he did because Mel told him something. I don't know what that is.

The doorbell rings, making me snap out of my trance. Running over the door, I open it wide, only to get face to face with the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

He's the most handsome man I've ever encountered.

**********

Word count: 1,531.

D&T: December 24, 2014, 12:44PM.

Wohoo! Chapter 2! I hope you liked reading this one. It's not the best, but I hope you liked it anyways.

Thank you for supporting the first book of the series, "Falling In Love With Mr. Step-Brother", it wouldn't be popular as it is now if it weren't for you guys, so thanks so much and love lots!

Vote/Comment/Follow