↠ 35

Your movements were fast. Speed walking compared to everyone else and your eyes searching everywhere. Where did she go? You gritted your teeth in frustration. She thinks that she can just give you a small glimpse and then leave? Finally, you spotted her. The familiar ghoul that you hated gave you a sly smile.

She was off near where the pathway ended, somewhat near where the gyms were. Like a ghost, she disappeared around the corner. You sped up, determined to know why she was here. You kept following her and spotted her in between two buildings. It was a small space where it housed the A/C.

You narrowed your gaze on her. In return, her carbon copy of your eyes glared at you. "So, care to tell me why you're even here?" You spoke in Japanese in case anyone was around.

"Oh. That hurts me." She placed a hand on her heart. Or if she had one. You thought and rolled your eyes. A smile formed on her face.

"Cut the crap." You snapped. "Were you the one who tipped off the Doves? And why is Akari Ki here?"

The mention of her oh so special group wiped the smile off her face. "You know why." She hissed out and then shrugged her shoulders. "Didn't know about the Doves. You know that they're smart in trying to find their ghouls to kill."

"I don't believe you." You eyed her with suspicion. You were here for at least a week before Doves showed up.

"I don't care if you believe me." Yuki spat out then one side of her mouth lifted up into a curl. "I just can't believe that you're not even excited to see me. I thought it would be a touching family reunion but it looks like my dear sister isn't even happy to see me."

Back at the table, Yoongi's leg was bouncing in nervousness. Were you okay? Did yesterday freak you out? Now he had to go see if you were okay. "I'm going to go follow her." Yoongi suddenly said and grabbed his bag.

"Me too!" Hoseok jumped to his feet and the others copied his actions. Apparently, they were all slightly wondering what was happening.

Yoongi sent them a glare. "Like we won't be suspicious if there's a group of people following a single person."

Jimin shrugged. "Well we're just concerned!"

"Yeah, hyung." Taehyung jumped in. "Right Jungkook?" He turned to the youngest member but it turns out that he already left along with Seokjin. "Hey!" The male ran after them.

"All of you are just rude." Namjoon muttered under his breath as the rest of the guys tried to catch up with them. They followed behind Seokjin and Jungkook who was pretty sure that you had gone in this direction.

It was strange. Did you know anybody from the soccer team? Maybe the basketball team? Swim team? Jungkook tried racking his brain to see if you possibly knew someone from the athletes but he couldn't. He was friends with a couple of them and hasn't seen you around the field or buildings.

"Jin hyung?" Jungkook asked the male next to him. Seokjin hummed to show his acknowledgement. "Do you think Y/N knows someone?"

Seokjin was quiet. "I don't know maybe? She just looked worried back at the cafeteria."

The group came to a stop, looking around at the different buildings. "Uh," Jimin was the first to say. "Where do you think she went?"

"Good question." Hoseok agreed, looking everywhere.

"Let's split up!" Namjoon exclaimed.

Taehyung rose an eyebrow. "You're sounding like that one dude in Scooby-Doo."

Namjoon just frowned at that but continued on. "Anyways! You three," He pointed at Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung. "Go that way!" He pointed towards the west. "And the rest of us will head that way." He gestured in the opposite direction.

They were about to split off when Jungkook piped up. "Wait! Y/N's right there!" He pointed at your figure. Even from this distance, they could practically see that you were very pissed off. "Um... who wants to go ask her if she's okay...?"

The boys glanced at each other. "W-We can just make sure she gets home safe." Seokjin suggested which they agreed upon. And so they started to do so, totally not suspicious looking. Definitely not. Nope, totally not.

"I said to cut the crap." You had said, already getting pissed off. "What are you doing here?"

Yuki huffed and dropped the teasing tone. "To kill you, what else?"

"You know that I'm tired of you, right?" You hissed. "You know that I will destroy Akari Ki."

There was no emotion on her face. She blankly stared at you. "You won't. I can't wait to see you when I take a bite of one of those boys."

Your eye twitched. You were ready to kill. "I fucking swear if you come near them, I'll make sure to drop off your body in front of Riku."

The mention of Akari Ki's leader made her scoff. "If you can actually kill me." She challenged. "I'll still be waiting for that day, won't I? You and Elijah were pathetic."

"It was always you, Yuki." You crossed your arms, eyes watching her every move.

She rolled her eyes in response. "Ah, just blame me right?" You heard a low vibration and watched as she pulled out a burner phone. "Looks like my time is up."

Body tense, you watched as she suddenly smiled. "Oh by the way. Remember that dear little human friend you had the last time? She's gone." With a flash of her hand, a piece of fabric floated to the ground and within seconds, Yuki was gone. You went closer to investigate and picked up the navy fabric.

Once it got closer to your face, the smell of old blood wafted from it. Familiar blood. Your mind reeled back to the day when her arm was bleeding badly when you fought off the ghoul to protect her. You clutched the fabric in your hands, crumpling it up like you wish you did with your emotions.

The scene kept replaying itself in your head. Pissed off is what you were. She was right. Countless times before you had fought her. Always to the point where she needed weeks to heal. But you were never able to actually kill her. It was time to do so now.

All you knew was that Yuki was part of the top fighters of Akari Ki. This time, you'll do it.

She even mentioned Elijah. You haven't heard of your little brother in years. He had disappeared when your parents died. Last you heard, he was somewhere in southern Japan. Everything was making you angry. You continued walking and when you glared at the glass window of the shop, you noticed very familiar figures trailing behind you.

What were they doing...?

You sighed. Although it may sound harsh, you didn't want to talk to them right now. You're afraid that something may slip out. You can't have that. So, you did the next best thing and took them on a loop. Rounding around the corner, you went into the first alley and quickly scaled up the firescape onto the rooftop. Peeking over the ledge, you saw them stop in confusion.

You closed your eyes and tried to pick up what they were hearing. Unfortunetly, you couldn't as you couldn't concentrate due to the thoughts buzzing in your mind. Giving up, you let sigh and opened your eyes. Earlier, you had placed the piece of fabric in your bag. It was starting to feel like it was burning a hole of guilt.

Slowly, you leaned against the high ledge and dug your fingers into your thighs. You'll have to do it for real this time. You have to let go of emotions and finally do the deed after all this time. Eliminate Yuki.