Elias 2.5

Like father and son, they coldly glared down at the duke in front of them.

Roger kind of regretted getting attention from the emperor and and the prince. Elias did not know about why Claude hated Roger but Elias had reasons.

The first reason was because he had looked down on him since he was Chrys's son. The second reason was because for Elias felt some kind familiarity from the man since he had first met him. The familiarity did not sit well with Elias.

"Your majesty... about the prince's birthday ball..."

Elias blinked in surprise and turned to Claude.

"A birthday ball?"

Claude nodded.

"That is right. I was planning to have your birthday ball to be extravagant and have the nobles understand that you are the next heir of the throne but that man over there is saying otherwise."

Elias glared down at Roger. This feeling... something like this had happened before but it couldn't have been in this life...

Was it the previous one?

"Your highness, it would not look well to the nobles if your birthday ball is too extravagant... the funds used for the ball would bend his majesty's budget as well."

Elias cringed at the sting he felt on his head.

"Did you hear about the prince's ball?"

"The emperor must have decided that the prince was not a capable to be the heir of the throne."

"Brother Elias, Princess Athanasia... you have yet to meet him. This is my fiancé, Ezekiel Alpheus."

"..."

"... It is an honor... to finally meet you, your highness... I am the son of Duke Alpheus, Ezekiel Alpheus."

'Ezekiel...'

Elias thought. It was a name he had never heard.

'Were you not mine?'

"I am sorry, Elias..."

Elias shook his head to get rid of the images in his head. The imagines disappeared, the feelings that came along with it stayed with him.

The prince's frown more at the multiple emotions that were all mixed up.

The happiness that turned to despair and the immense trust that he once had was forced to become betrayal. Even though he was feeling so betrayed, the helplessness that came because he just couldn't stop loving so he ended up hating himself.

He had something important stolen from him. Something so dear was taken from him by someone he trusted and that something let itself be stolen.

"Elias?"

"Dad, I will do an extravagant party."

Elias smiled widely. He had to do his fifth party a huge one because if he did not, he had a hunch that it would not look well on him.

The emotions he got from all the illusions... they felt so real and it gave a really hard wake up call. He was already free from the loneliness but having stolen something from him when it belonged to him?

It was a new emotion he did not want to feel again. So he had to have an extravagant ball so the nobles would not come bite to chew what they should not be chewing.

The reason was simple. After getting rid of all the concubines from Ruby Palace, there were no possible future heirs to the throne. The only children left was Elias and Diana's daughter.

If Elias's birthday ball did not reach the nobles' eyes then it would mean that Elias was forsaken and thrown away by the emperor and Diana's daughter had the possibility of being crowned.

Elias could not allow the princess take the title of being crowned. It belonged to him. It was given to him.

Just like Claude's affection as well as Felix's belonged to him. They had given him their love so it was only right for Elias to own it.

***

After the audience, Roger tried to convince the crowned prince to make the ball small but Elias would ignore the man.

The man did not know when to give up and Elias was getting tired of him. So he had tattletale on him to Claude and the emperor ordered for Roger to be 15 meters away from him.

Problem solved.

And so the crown prince's ball came. Elias was dressed up.

The young prince took his cane from Nikolas and got off the chair. He made his way out of his room and trotted in front of Claude's room. His small fist knocked on the door and it opened almost immediately.

Claude stood there and his crystal blue eyes gazed at Elias and watched as his son's cheeks reddened and his eyes widened in awe.

"... Dad."

"What is it?"

"It must have hurt a lot..."

Claude raised a brow and waited for Elias to continue.

"To have fallen from heaven."

The emperor smirked as he scooped his son from the floor.

"Not at all."

Elias blinked at the response.

"I am glad to fall first here to catch your fall."

Everyone in the area were stunned and their mouths were hanging open.

Elias was not excluded but his already reddened cheeks got even redder and soon his entire face became red.

"Dad!"

Elias smacked Claude's shoulder out of embarrassment. The emperor stared widely at the prince since he did not expect to be hit but Elias did not seem to have realized that he had just punched the emperor because he was too busy calming down his steamy face.

Even though he was punched, Claude found Elias adorable. This was the first he saw his son so embarrassed to the point of being unaware of his actions.

The emperor made his way to the party hall where guests were waiting.

"His majesty, Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia and his highness, Crowned Prince Elias de Alger Obelia are entering!"

The grand doors opened and the emperor and prince advanced forward.

Elias flinched when he saw the nobles' sharp eyes land on him but instead of letting fear take over him, his purpose for today's ball won over.

The prince's sharpened and coldly glared down at them. The nobles flinched at the indifferent and cold gaze and the pressure the now five year old was able to release.

The noble bowed their heads and at that, Elias innocently smiled proudly at them and Claude felt proud of Elias. The emperor ran his fingers through Elias's soft golden blond hair.

Elias is the crown prince, the heir of the throne of Obelian Empire.