6

"Ugh... Hi (y/n)..."

Bucky. Of course it was. Who else would it be?

"What?"

"Look, I'm sorry about this morning. And I'm sorry about last night,"

"You are?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yeah. I got a little carried away this morning, and I was really worried when I saw you jump off the roof,"

Suddenly I felt like laughing, which is sadistic. "Oh you saw that did you,?"

"Yeah..."

It was quiet for a long time. There were things he wanted to say, there were things I kind of wanted to say. He looked into my eyes searching for the proper words.

Then all at once I felt a pang of guilt at how I yelled at him earlier this morning. But I did not act on that feeling.

"Look. This morning I was a bit harsh. I... Well like I said. I just want to help you,"

I turned away from him. "You can't,"

"And why not?"

"No one can help me,"

"Why? Could you just let me try t-"

"The world gave up on me the minute I passed into existence!" I shouted. He remained quiet, respectfully waiting for me to finish yelling. And I hated him for it. But I continued anyways. "No one helped me. No one can help me! No one is like me. Weird and wrong. And... And different. Oh there she is the freak of nature!"

"What's wrong with being different?"

"Nothing! There's nothing wrong with me! I'm different! There's nothing wrong with different. But no one else seems to think that!"

"You aren't happy," Bucky said quietly.

"What!" I sputtered.

"This morning. I asked you if you were happy. I knew you weren't, I mean you jumped off the Stark Tower. But this runs deep. I understand that,"

"No. You don't!" I screamed.

"Yes I do," he said stepping in closer to me. "Of course I do"