Roxanne

Lee walked towards the bed and  took off her clothes, leaving herself in her wife beater and boxers, She climbed into bed and looked at me expectantly. "You coming?" She smirked. She lifted the covers and I climbed in beside her. The rain was still faling heavy and the place was cold. I was literally trembling under the covers.

Lee quickly saw my discomfort and asked "Want me to turn off the fan?" I could see the worry etched across her face. But thats the thing about me. I could very well be freezing and I would still want to keep the fan or the air conditioner on. "No, it's okay." I reassured her with a smile.

She looked at me confused, "Are you sure? Cause I'm pretty sure you're freezing."

"You such a worry wart. I said I'm fine." I rolled my eyes.

She faked hurt. "Well sorry for caring." I giggled.

"Come here." She pulled me closer towards her. "You were too far away." She mumbled into my neck. I sighed and put my head on her chest, and as if on instinct, she wrapped her arms protectively around my waist.

"How long will we be here, Lee?" I asked her. I buried my face in her chest, breathing in her scent. I could smell the faint smell of men's cologne on her. Figures. She was such a boy. I rolled my eyes at that thought.

"I don't know. But I promise we won't be here long.' She mumbled, while placing her chin above my head. I felt fatigue taking over my body and I mumbled a "Goodnight Lee." And before darkness overtook me, I could've sworn I heard her say"Goodnight Belle, I love you."

I woke up and felt thirsty. My throat was literally burning. I wonder if I should wake Lee and ask her to follow me to the kitchen.I looked over at the clock on the dresser. It was 3:23am. I looked up at Lee and she seemed to be in deep sleep so I decided not to bother her.

I carefully tried to lift Lee's arm off of me without waking her, but everytime I tried she would pull me back into her. After about 10 minutes, I finally managed to slip out of her grasp. I did a little happy dance at my victory before I went out the door in search of the kitchen. I remembered that it was downstairs, but the hallway was dark and I couldn't see a thing.

I was tiptoeing and I had no idea why I was doing it. I accidentally bumped into what seemed like a  table with a vase on it and I held in a yelp. I fell to the floor, holding my little toe and silently mourning from the pain. I limped my way to the kitchen and discovered that someone was already up because light was down there.

Yes! Light. No more darkness. I really wanted some water but when I saw that it was Roxanne sitting at the island counter, I decided against that. She was acting weird today and I couldn't handle that right now. I turned my back to leave when I heard her speak "You needed something?"

I mentally cursed myself for being so slow before turning around and pasting a smile on my face. She raised and eyebrow at me. "Uhh yeah, I got thirsty." I admitted sheepishly. She smiled and ran her hand through her hair. "I'll get you some water, come sit."