chapter fourty-one.

ALLISON STOOD NEXT TO HER SISTER, THE WOMAN CHATTERING AWAY. Allison's attention was set on Daryl, who was leaned up against his motorcycle, smoking a cigarette as he looked to everywhere but her. Maggie nudged her shoulder and the blonde stumbled a bit, looking to her sister with her lips pressed together. "Yeah?"

"Did you not hear me?" Maggie scoffed, rolling her eyes at her once she followed her eyes, seeing they were on Daryl. "Of course you weren't, you were too busy staring at Dixon."

Allison shook her head and moved her hair from her face. "I...I was not staring at him. I just happen to glance at him and my eyes... lingering on him for a bit." She shrugged, trying to explain herself.

"Go talk to him." Maggie urged, pushing her a bit.  Allison gave in and took a couple of cautious steps towards him, afraid that they had done something last night. All she remembers was her bumping into him on the road and she must've blacked out after that cause she can't seem to get a picture of what had happened.

"Hey, Daryl." She smiled softly, slipping her hands in her back pockets of her jeans nervously. Daryl didn't even glance up at her as he muttered a 'hey', at her, making the girl confused, but knowing better not to question him. He stood up and looked like he started to get on his motorcycle. "You goin' on a run?"

"Yep." Daryl spoke curtly, popping the 'p' at the end.

"Alone?" Allison pushed, her eyebrows furrowing in worry.

"Yeah... why does it matter?" He was starting to get irritated and she could tell, meaning he would snap.

"I was just gonna ask you about last night..." She trailed off, fiddling with her fingers as he finished off the last of his cigarette, flicking it to the ground and stomping on it, Allison watching the whole time. "Did we-"

"Nah, we didn't." He told her, sniffing loudly.

"I could go on the run with you-"

"I don't want you to!" Daryl snapped, her stepping back away from him. "Stop hovering over me, woman. You act like we a couple. We ain't."

"I didn't even say that we were, Daryl." Allison defended, not knowing what else to say.

"Whatever." He scoffed, her standing there and wondering how that conversation turned ugly so quickly.

-

"And then he just rode off?" The girl asked, Allison nodding her head from where she sat on the couch. Sophia had sensed she was off and decided to make her talk about what had happened. The blonde was laying down on the couch, staring at the ceiling with a concentrated face. "You don't remember anything from last night?"

"Nope. Nothing." Allison sighed to herself. Maybe she was overthinking it. If she had done something last night, then Daryl would have told her. Wouldn't he? The voice in her head told her. She grumbled and walked over to the cabinet, grabbing out a glass and filling it out with water, downing it quickly.

There was a knock on the front door and Sophia darted her head towards the door instantly, a smile making it's way into her face. "That'd be Carl." She stated, opening the door to let him in.

"Hey, Ally." He spoke, giving her a small wave as the woman just waved back, flashing him a smile.

"Hey, I'm gonna go out for a walk. I'll be back." Allison told them, the two teenagers nodding at her, the woman making her way out.

The smell of fresh flowers hit her senses immediately, making her nose scrunch up in disgust, everything annoying her at the moment. Shaking her head to herself, she saw Maggie, walking along with Glenn, who was smiling bright at his wife. Allison watched the couple in awe. She wanted that.

There was a honk at the gates and Glenn instantly ran towards them, Daryl going through with his motorcycle, the color in his face seeming to lessen as he got off. Allison furrowed her eyebrows and walked up to him hesitantly, not wanting him to snap at her again.

"Get him to the infirmary." She heard Maggie call out and Glenn nodded his head, wrapping Daryl's arm around his shoulder as he walked.

That was what worried Allison. She followed them, standing outside, arguing with herself whether or not she should go in. After moments of slightly pacing back and forth, the woman walked in with determination, almost gasping as she saw Daryl on the table, Denise stitching his wound that seemed to not be as bad as she thought it was. Once she let out a sigh of relief, Daryl glanced at her momentarily, Denise looking at the two.

She seemed to sense the tension because as soon as she was done patching him up, she cleared her throat awkwardly and walked out from the room.

Allison took a small step towards Daryl, not a word spoken out of the two of them. That was until Allison said the first thing that was on her mind. "I'm not gonna go... If that's what your hoping." She mentally face palmed at herself. That was the best you could come up with?

"I wasn't." Daryl told her, gnawing on his bottom lip. He looked to her fully and she gave him a small smile, walking until she stopped right in front of him. "Sorry."

Allison gave him a puzzled look, pretending that she didn't know what he was talking about, making him scoff at her.

"For earlier." He elaborated, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Daryl Dixon?" She gasped dramatically, placing a hand on her chest. "Apologizing? I'm shocked."

He shook his head at her with a small laugh emerging from his mouth. Daryl's eyes flickered to her lips for a second as he contemplated on connected his to hers. Allison seemed to notice this because a smirk made it's way into her face, almost teasingly. Fuck it. "Come here." Daryl spoke hoarsely before grabbing her waist tightly, pulling her close to him. He leaned in, pressing his lips against hers softly, her having a small moment of surprise before she kissed him back, smiling into him. Their lips moved against each other gently, as if the other would break under one's touch.

Allison pulled away breathless, pressing her lips together as they were in a smile. Daryl squeezed her waist softly, his forehead resting against hers. The two chuckled, not knowing what to say after that.

"About damn time." Tara's voice echoed throughout the room, making them jump apart and Allison clear her throat, proceeding to walk out the door.

"I'll be... in the house."  She told him, pointing her thumb behind her once she turned around. Daryl glanced at her and nodded his head, Tara smiling at the two. With that, Allison walked out.

"If you weren't gonna do it, I was." Tara joked, Daryl shaking his head at the woman with a chuckle as he watched Allison walk out through the window.