Chapter 34

"You did this?" Myra asked in astonishment. The blonde was holding up her long coat, eyes scanning every detail of the leather fabric.
     "Mh-hm." Evie hummed in response, a big, proud smile on her lips. "I tried my best to get rid of the scorched marks, but the entire right shoulder was ripped apart, so that was a challenge."
     Myra focused on the shoulder, if she looked close enough she could see the seam on multiple places, but only because she knew they were there. There still were some slightly darker spots that had been black no doubt, but even those were barely visible. Only Evie hadn't stopped after fixing the shoulder. She had taken full creative liberty. Before, the coat had been in one shade of green, not anymore. The split ends were made to look like two leaves with jagged edges and netted veins. The veins were made in a slightly lighter shade of green, just like every edge of the coat. At the front were five, round buttons. Mostly brown with golden details. 
     "It's beautiful." Myra mumbled, laying in back down on her bed, wanting to reach for an off-white shirt that lay beside it, but couldn't because of Lunch; who was curled up on top of it. His eyes squeezed shut and most of his face tugged behind his tail.
     When Myra and Evie had walked back into the room, Lunch and Uma had been awake as well. Uma didn't seem to mind that Myra had wondered off, but Lunch had been mad that she had left him behind. So as a result, the little animal had lain down on top of the white shirt that Evie had placed on the bed and refused to move or even as much as respond. 
     "You really pissed off the little fella." Uma spoke up from her side of the room, she had already gotten dressed and was now fixing her hair in the mirror on the night stand beside her bed. 
     Myra sighed, "I guess so." She said, gently poking the creatures side, addressing the animal with a slightly higher tone of voice. "Com'n, Lunch. I know you're awake." The animal responded by slapping Myra's hand away with his tail, still not making any effort to stand up. The tail hadn't hurt Myra, but she pulled away anyway. 
     "I'll give you guys some privacy..." Evie said through a suppressed laugh before leaving the room. 
     Once the door was closed, Myra sat down on the bed beside Lunch. "Look," she started. "I'm sorry I left you. But you were sleeping and I know how cranky you get when I wake you up too early." Myra leaned over the animal so she could see his face. Lunch, who felt the bed give in to her weight, opened his eye to see what was happening. Only the moment he saw Myra's face looming over him he turned around, his back turned to his companion with his head berried beneath his tail again. Uma chuckled, seeing how her Cousin was struggling with the animal, earning a glare from Myra. 
     Knowing her tactic wasn't going to work, Myra decided to go with a different one. "Okay, Lunch. You wanne play it like this?" Lunch responded with a soft, angry squeak. "As you wish." Before the creature knew what was happening to him, Myra had lifted him up at the root of his tail. More, angry and indignant squeaks and squeals came from Lunch as he dangled upside down. "Sulking isn't a good look on you." Myra said as she started to tickle the creatures belly, knowing he couldn't take it. Lunch struggled to hold himself together, pushing against Myra's fingers with his little claws, but he couldn't push her away. 
     "I'll stop tickling if you stop sulking, deal?" Lunch nodded it's little head, desperate to be freed from the ticklish hell. And as promised, Myra stopped and lay him down in the palm of her hand. 
     Lunch shook his body before running up the Myra's shoulder, where he pulled hard on a strand of her hair. Myra yelped in pain, "okay... okay. I deserved that." Lunch let out an agreeing sound before he started stroking, nibbling and licking his fur back into place. 
     With Lunch out of the way, Myra unfolded the off-white shirt. She expected it to be hers, but it wasn't the one she remembered. It was a loose shirt, the sleeves barely reached over the shoulders before the fabric hung loose. The white seemed to fade into a yellow-ish brown, the way the pages of an old book do after years and years of collecting dust on a shelf. To Myra's surprise, the shirt vaguely smelled like tea. 
     "Are you sure you wanne do this?" Uma's voice sounded from behind Myra. The girl turned around to see Uma was standing right behind her. "I mean, there's still time for us to bail. Sneak out now no one's watching." The blue haired girl sat down on Myra's bed, looking up at her cousin. She knew she didn't want to leave, and if she was honest, neither did Uma. Only Myra shook her head.
     "Even though that sounds thrilling," Myra said as she let herself fall on the bed beside Uma. "You were right before. The Isle needs us."
     A knock on the door interrupted the conversation. Not long after Ben stood in the now open door. "The car's ready. Time to go. Are you ready?" He directed the question at Uma, who was going to drive back to the Ilse with the rest of her gang and Celia. 
     Uma nodded before turning her attention back to Myra. "See you on the other side, Cousin." Uma stood up and followed Ben out of the room. 
     "See you on the other side..." Myra mumbled through a deep sigh.