Arc 4.16

Gao Chen maximized all of his years of experience in self-control to force himself to calm down.

Nevertheless, his voice was still a bit hoarse upon speaking,’’ Why are you here?’’

With a face full of nonchalance, Shi Shen said,’’ It seems that you are busy as New Year's Day is fast approaching so I thought about cooking for you and left them in the fridge but since you are here now, let’s have dinner together.’’

Moved, Gao Chen felt a bit ashamed of himself for his previous childish behavior.

Although it was not entirely a lie that he was busy, avoiding him was a fact. Not to mention, he also knew that Ye Xie, himself was busy promoting his new movie, therefore, he participated in several talk shows in recent days so there was no need to mention how tired he was.

Even if this was to be the case, he was still concerned about him…

Gao Chen softly hummed in agreement and went to take a shower then changed into casual clothes. His legs automatically took him to the entrance of the kitchen and went to stand beside the young man.

‘’Do you need any help?’’

Hearing this, Shi Shen thoughtfully looked at the older man.

To be honest, not even once has he ever seen this man cooked.

Therefore, without affirming his cooking skill beforehand, Shi Shen divided some tasks for him but…

Shortly after, Shi Shen finally knew why the other party never cooked.

With a frosty face, Shi Shen emotionlessly ordered,’’ Get out and set the table.’’

Gao Chen embarrassingly put down the knife and then went to take out the tableware as told.

He thought it was simply cutting and chopping, what’s there to be worried about, as it turned out this kind of thing was not meant for him to do.

With the kitchen wrecker gone, Shi Shen’s efficiency increased, and not long after, a hearty meal laid down on the table.

The two did not speak but the atmosphere was not awkward and it was surprisingly harmonious. Both of them quietly finished their meal then Shi Shen proposed to drink beer.

Gao Chen hesitated,’’ You just turned 20 years old not long ago, it’s best not to indulge in this kind of stuff.’’

To his response, Shi Shen simply sat down on the sofa with a can of beer already opened in his right hand while opening the tv with a remote control in his left hand.

‘’That's the more reason that I need to get used to it. In my line of work, it is unavoidable that I need to drink a lot.’’

Well, it was indeed true but you had me, Gao Chen internally thought.

Since Shi Shen had Gao Chen back him up then it was unlikely for him to experience that kind of scenario of being forced to curry favor with others in those social parties.

Gao Chen even decided to add another condition for him when filming in the future.

Intimate interactions are not allowed, use a stand-in for those scenes.

Although he felt that it was a bit unreasonable, he really couldn’t stand him doing those things with others even if it meant acting.

Little did he know, Shi Shen had already discussed this matter with Yu Yan. Indeed, his habit of touching others improved drastically but he still preferred not to engage in those things with others.