#7 Survive the day

Was I ready for today? I searched my reflection in the mirror for answers

Lose curls hugged the edges of my face highlighting multiple blended shades of blonde throughout. Four eyes squinting back at one another with determination. Today was Thursday, Liams turn to mimic me.

On one hand I could spend the whole day with Liam, at first we'll hate it. But as the day goes on I'll climb all of Liams barriers and he'll open up his soul to me. By the time last bell rings through the corridors we'll be so madly in love it will be like one of those cliché chick flicks.

On the other hand I could spend the whole day with Liam, I'll be ridiculously nervous and not speak. He will constantly bully, degrade and humiliate me at a time when I have no possible escape. I'll spend the ten minute bathroom times crying in a dirty stall. Then I'll be reminded of it from him & his friends for the rest of my school year.

Or... he could just not turn up.

Pulling on leather look leggings, a casual white t.shirt and a long line denim jacket I took another long look in the mirror. Lastly I pulled a beanie hat out of my drawer and pulled over my head as if it was the armor that would protect me. I was ready to go. As an afterthought I grabbed a packet of gum so if I did have to spend the day tied so closely to Liam my breath would be minty fresh.

Scanning the car park I noticed the jocks cars all lined up, there was a high chance he was already here. Pulling my beanie a little lower I focused my mind on a simple goal - get to the psychology classroom.

As I crossed the courtyard I became increasingly subconscious of glances shot in my direction. Why was everyone looking at me?

"Slut." Someone said to me in passing. I've never seen her before but she looked at me like I was the dirt on her shoe.

As I walked past groups whispers stuck out but I couldn't gauge enough of their conversations to know exactly what they were talking about, I just know all eyes were on me.

"sex with... panties... whore."

Keeping my head down, ignoring the whispers and stares I focused on my goal. Psychology classroom. When I finally reached it I sagged against the door because the mission of walking to this classroom took everything out of me. That's when I spotted him.