Chapter 10: Dakota Knight

I'm excited to go tonight. I'm a little nervous, but that's predictable for who I am. I can't go anywhere without being a little nervous. But I already know two people, Antonio and Fiona, so hopefully, they aren't too caught up in their conversations to ditch me. 

That has happened to me many times. 

I also need to make some friends that will voluntarily go shopping with me. 

The more I spend time looking through my closet and the more time I hang around the Devil's Rose MC, I know I'm going to have to step up my fashion game. I haven't had a chance to update my wardrobe in who knows how long. I'm beginning to think that it's about time.

I find a dark, blush pink, and laced sundress in the back of my closet. I haven't worn something like this in longer than I can count. Not for any specific reason besides the fact that I didn't have anywhere to wear it. 

I slide on my clean white Converse, let my blonde fall wavy down my back, and latch a cute bee necklace around my neck. I put on a light layer of makeup, feeling like I don't need it. Looking at myself in the mirror,  I 100% know that this is the outfit I want to wear. 

Holy shit. I haven't felt this good in my body ever.

Fiona somehow got my number, probably after asking Antonio, and texted me her address. Seeing the name of the street she lives on, I know that she and Reaper live in one of those mansion houses tucked in the forest neighborhoods. 

Along with her address, she asked if I needed a ride to her home, but I told her I had a car, which is somewhat true. Half the time it doesn't work, but since the drive is only maybe thirty minutes away, I think I should be fine. 

If I get stuck on a hill or something, I have her number, I can just call. I'm already part of the family apparently, so maybe someone would want to help me. It would most likely be by Antonio.

I grab my white shoulder purse and feel great relief that it matches my outfit. I'm already twenty minutes, and I don't have time to change my bag. However, if it looked bad, I would have. I already know that. 

I dig through my apartment junk drawer - thank goodness I only have one - and fetch my car keys. Fortunately, my car immediately starts, the gas tank is almost full, the windows function properly, and the radio turns on. 

Carefully but while also paying attention to my phone, I make my way to Fiona and Reaper's house, already hearing laughter and music playing before I turn onto their street.

I park on the opposite side of the street to where their house is as a gawk at the massive size of the house, not wanting to take up too much motorcycle parking room. 

I don't think I've seen that many motorcycles in one place before. I'm sure to them it's nothing, but for someone who has seen them when they are on the road, it's pretty crazy. 

I hear a deeper, more masculine voice rumbling in a teasing roar before the playful screams of children. 

I can do this. The person who partly owns this household liked me enough to invite me here. If she thinks I'm good enough to barge in on their MC time, then I must be someone she wants around.

If some people don't like me, that's not my problem.

But what if I'm actually a bad person and I'm only saying that because I'm in denial that everyone leaves me because it's my fault? No, I can't be spiraling right now. Ugh brain, this isn't a good time right now. Should I just go home? No, no, no. 

I told Fiona I would be here. I'm not standing her up, no way. Antonio is here too. If I need anything, I can go to him, I know that. He's completely understanding of my anxiety and will be there to support me if I need him.