CAPITOLO NEVE- Family Feud

"Making you mad is my speciality." - Flo Milli

The Bronx, New York📍
6:00pm
August 26th '18

The Anderson siblings sat around their mother's chestnut dining table, listening to her expose them one by one. Along with the siblings, Aaliyah and KD sat listening attentively to Maria Anderson's dramatic accounts of raising her troublesome children.

"Lord ah mercy, I tell yuh, if people think Chris bad now, them shoulda know Mickey back then!" Maria laughs.

"I been trying to say this," Chris shakes his head, "And people think I'm the terrorist."

Everyone chuckles.

"That's 'cuz you are," Michael smirks. "I ain't the one causing trouble now. That's all you and Nae."

"Me?!" Janae exclaims, "Nah don't mix me with Chris, I never give Ma trouble."

Her brothers almost choke on their foods at her lie.

"Really?" Michael raises his eyebrow. "So you're just gonna forget about the time you broke the aquarium at the pet store and killed all the fish?"

"Or the time you snuck out of the house to link up with niggas and nearly gave Ma a heart attack when we couldn't find you?" Chris chirps in.

"Or the time you took Aunty Ria's good liquor to your lil friend's sleepover," KD grins. The others cackle along except Janaé who sits with a small frown on her face.

Aaliyah joins in. "What about the time she almost flooded the bakery when she broke the kitchen sink?"

"You broke what?!" Maria's eyes bulge out in shock at her daughter.

And just like that, the game was over.

"How and when did that happen?!" She interrogates.

Michael and KD try to stifle their laughter while they ate as poor Aaliyah realises her mistake.

"Told yall she was gonna be the one to say sum'," Chris scoffs.

Aaliyah eyes Chris momentarily before looking to Janaé whose glare burned into her forehead. "My bad Naé, I thought you would have told her by now."

"No, because we all agreed to keep that a secret!" Janaé hisses.

Chris chuckles, "Baby sis, you might need to put emphasis on that word from the start next time." He looks at Aaliyah smugly, "You know Liyah a lil on the slow side."

Aaliyah narrows her eyes at Chris, gearing her words to fire back at him.

Since the first time they met, Chris and Aaliyah never saw eye to eye. Chris despised her and the feeling was very mutual,  he always made it a point to make his feelings known every time they were around each other.

"Okay okay!" Maria calls to reign in order, "Chris, you are not about to ruin another family  Sunday dinner, especially before we've even finished the food. Behave."

"Yes ma'am." Chris replies with his amused glint still on Aaliyah who rolls her eyes.

"And you, young lady," Maria continues, turning her stern glare towards her daughter. "You're going to explain the rest of that story to me later because that is not a discussion for the table right now."

"Yes ma'am." Naé grumbles, moving her food around her plate.

Maria eyes Naè, causing her daughter to repeat herself much clearly before she nods satisfied, turning her attention to KD.