Chapter Fourteen

Hey Daddy?" Jennie called out to her father after going home.

"Yes sweetie"

"Do you have the curator's number at the Smithsonian museum?"

"Yeah, I think I do...why?"

"Just research Daddy....getting my mind off things."

"Good, glad to see you trying to get back into things. Um, pumpkin, can I ask you something?"

"Sure Daddy"

"What's happened between you and Lisa?"

Jennie's face could not hide the look of hurt, sadness and confusion, "I...I just need some time to get over everything, I'm sure she understands."

"She sounds so sad on the phone, and seemed very concerned about you honey. She's asked how you're doing and I thought she was very interested in you."

"What do you mean interested and concerned how?"

"Well, she calls me everyday at the office to get an update on your condition and she had asked me for permission to court you."

"She what?!"

"She saw me a while back, before we knew about Sakura and asked for my permission to court you. She said not in the father's possession aspect but in the potential suitor capacity. She believes in tradition and said she was going to ask you as well. Guess she never got that chance huh?"

"No"

"Shame really, she seems like one who cares deeply only once in a lifetime"

"Yeah, she does" Jennie said sadly in a bare whisper.

"What's that honey?"

"Oh nothing, um, that number Daddy?"

...

"Hello Professor Baxter? My name is Jennie Kim D'Olympia, I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. My father said you'd be most agreeable to a mythology geek such as me. Yes, he's my dad. No, I didn't know you were frat brothers; I'll have to grill him on that little secret. Well, I am looking for any information you might have on the Goddess Kim Jisoo Hecate, not just your run of the mill history but very deep historical data and anything on her priestesses or warriors. Yes, I'd be willing to travel there, when would...well I could be there tomorrow morning. Thank you Professor. I'll be sure to give my dad your regards."

...

Jennie flew up to Washington and spent the next week camping out in the archives, learning new tidbits of information she was not aware of. She then flew to New York where the curator had set aside some information as a favor to Prof. Baxter on her behalf.

Finally she returned home to pack for a flight to Wadi el-Muluk.

"Honey, where are you off to now?"

"Oh, research out at Wadi Daddy, I'm using some of my six months accrued vacation and just ....relaxing" Jennie said while packing.

"Alone?" Mr. D'Olympia asked concerned.

"Yes Daddy, I'll be fine. No sign of Madness for over three weeks now, so I'd say she's gone for good" Jennie had nicknamed Irene that as part of her dealing process, having reconciled what she had seen that night and put fact to incidences as her research began to yield her some answers.

"Yes, I know. Vicky's completely distraught over the whole incident."

"Daddy, I am sorry Vicky is hurting as she had nothing to do with this, but I don't really care to hear about it."