Lesson

"Ughh, where am I?" Stain asks as he stumbles through a hallway. His body covered in bandages as he leans on the wall.

"You didn't need to get up since I won't need you for at least a week," Izuku said as he was sitting at the bar.

"What the hell are you talking about," Stain glared as his wounds began to ache.

"You shouldn't be so uptight. If you ask nicely I bet Kurogiri would serve you a drink to help calm yourself." Deku says sarcastically

Stain slams his fist against a wall angrily. "I don't care if you saved me from the heroes, I'm not someone who will just obey your whims!"

Izuku took a small vial with some blood and poured a drop into his mouth. As the blood hits his tongue Stain drops to the floor paralyzed.

"I wonder how it feels, being paralyzed by your own quirk," Izuku laughed.

"Damn, give me my quirk back!" Stain cried out as he lay on the ground.

"You'll get it back when you earn it. Now when it wears off you will go back and lay down, if you don't you're going to be in even more pain," Izuku threatened.

Izuku's phone buzzed as he received a text from Todoroki. The school would be holding a memorial for the late Iida Tenya and all students had to immediately suspend all hero activities. 

"You seem quite proud of yourself," Kurogiri stated as he looked at Izuku's huge grin.

"A student is dead, UA is being torn apart by the media, and I have a new pawn to use. What's there to not be happy about," Izuku said.

The next day all students were summoned as the school had a memorial for the fallen student. Everyone was silent but Izuku could feel two people starring at him, one was Bakugo and the other was Shigaraki.

Once it was over Bakugo was the first one to confront him. "Why didn't you do anything to help Iida?" He asked angrily. It wasn't that Iida died that made Bakugo mad but that Izuku didn't act.

"I have neither a license nor did I have permission from a certified hero. Technically if I assisted I could be charged by the police, or killed I could have been killed by the Hero Killer," Deku stated.

"It makes me sick that someone as weak-willed as you could be the top of the class. If it was me I would have charged in there and beaten up the Hero Killer," Bakugo stated.

"Or we would be adding you to this memorial," Deku responded.

After the memorial the school became chaotic, those who didn't understand quickly spread rumors about how weak the students in the hero course were. Uraraka approached Izuku at lunch and sat beside him.

"It must be hard on you, witnessing someone you know dying," Uraraka said.

"I'm used to people dying," Izuku states bluntly as he eats.

"Yea, I was wondering why you seem so unfazed by it. I thought you were holding back and I wanted to be the emotional support for you," Uraraka said as she looked down.

"Aren't you looking for emotional support for yourself? Besides me, you seemed to talk to Iida quite a bit." Izuku pointed out.

"Maybe I am," Uraraka couldn't even look at Izuku as she spoke. "I dunno how to handle someone I know dying."

"You become numb to murders you see on TV and this is no different. People die, as long as you keep that thought in your mind then you feel less pain from their death," Izuku said.

"That's a pretty dark outlook," Uraraka mumbled.

When lunch was over and everyone was in their seats Shigaraki made an announcement to the class, "Due to the recent events that have affected our school your internship is canceled until further notice. We will also begin secret training sessions to improve your skills as heroes and it will be taking place over the summer break."

The class wasn't surprised, the League of Villans seemed to be targeting people with connections to UA. Many parents were already considering pulling their students from such a dangerous school, so it was there last chance to turn things around.

"To better prepare you we will be having you go up against teachers. We will explain this more within the week, just train hard and be prepared," Shigaraki said.

As School ends Deku heads back to his hideout where Kurogiri was waiting to speak with him. "One of our contacts, Giran, has found suitable allies and is bringing them over."

"Why is he suddenly bringing them over, shouldn't I have been warned about this a few days in advance?" Deku asked.

"If I allowed that you would have gathered information on them and tried to use them as pawns," All for One said from the TV, "if you try to use everyone as a pawn it will ultimately fail. You need to discover allies who will be more valuable than any pawn will. If you fail to understand this lesson then you will not only fail in surpassing me but will fail against the heroes."

--------------------