16.

Halwright
Main Building.

Ben had been working with his beasts on new formulas for healing and regeneration of broken bodies all night and the witch seemed even more energetic much to Hayes's dismay and worry.

"Ben you need to rest you were up all night, plus I missed you in bed." The little witch flushed as Hayes held him by the waist walking in the hallway.

"Fine, I will rest as soon as my classes are finished." The smirk on Hayes's lips made Ben aware that the demon had other plans for that time. The two seemed to be in their own world as they walked. Students now feared or respected Ben more because of his battle with Theo. They regarded the witch as a supreme like Kyra.

"I'm sorry but can we talk." The taller boy stood in front of the couple, his green eyes were trained on Ben as he spoke. "I'm sorry who are you?" Ben asked with curiosity and Hayes groans. "I'm Lario, look I seriously need to talk to you in private." Ben nods and spots an unoccupied classroom leading his mate and the other in.

"Talk we don't have all day." Hayes spoke lowly his voice made Ben chuckle and Lario seemingly afraid of the demon. "He's just grumpy, don't worry. " Lario nods and sighs before his lips turned to speak.

"The witches want you to challenge Kyra as faction leader during challenge week. They want you to lead them and they will use any method they can to make sure they succeed." Ben was surprised by what he had been told. Kyra was a good leader and he had never failed in protecting them so why do this.

"Why would they do this? Kyra has protected all of you and he's a good leader." The furrowed brows and response by Ben made Lario less tense. "They think you're more powerful and frankly that might be true." The boy with black hair gestures to Ben. "Why tell him then?"

Because if Kyra and Ben fight, there will be chaos in the school.

"Because if they fight we both know the school will be in chaotic ruins, and also I believe Kyra is a good leader, powerful or not." Lario wanted to stop the ruin of the only place outcasts like himself called home.

"Plus I know Corey is planning to overthrow Kyra already with the help of Theo, they gathered challengers of each faction to make a plan, I refused to do it because I'm loyal to the witch faction and its leader." He was proud to be a witch accepted by his own kind in Halwright despite his flaws.

"Alright then, I honestly don't and would never want to challenge Kyra, school politics is not what I want to be caught in I have a plate full of demon already." The witch chuckles as Hayes runs his fingers on his sensitive back.

"Thank you for telling me Lario and if you ever need help just come find me." Lario and Ben share a nod, the taller boy smiles and walks out of the classroom. "You attract loyalty without even asking for it." Hayes spoke leading Ben out of the classroom. Ben had grown used to being treated this way by Hayes it made him feel giddy and happy inside.

"I will see you in a bit, my little witch." The demon prolongs the kiss as they stood by the seat Ben frequently used in the spell lab. The two pull apart as Mrs. Déor stood in front of the class. Her evident excitement made Ben chuckle as his demon made his way out. "So class let's pick up from where we left, summon your apparatus and we can begin.

"Only add a small amount of oak wood sap, if you don't it will explode." Precisely after she had spoken an explosion occurred at the back of the class causing a chain reaction on all three tables at the rear. The fae and witches were now on the floor groaning.

Ben and Kyra who had been attending the class as well nod to each other and walk to the back of the class. "Everybody clear out!" Mrs. Déor spoke but the fae and witches only stood drawing back a bit to observe the two witches.

"Six of them we need to heal them first, they inhaled dragonite and trixal gas." Ben spoke motioning for Kyra to help him move one of the injured fae. "We need to make a tonic to eliminate the poison from their system. First, we heal them." The two witches nod to each other.

Kyra kneeled and so did Ben. "Your hands." Kyra obliged and joined hands with Ben despite being confused. The golden and red glow of magic being pulled from Kyra made the students who still remained in the class gasp. Kyra understood how Ben had opened the door to Robins penthouse.

He's a siphon, How did I not recognize him at first. He's Benjamin Syre he helped me with the guard when they wanted to use me as a weapon. Till date, they don't know it was him. That's how I could feel your auxis, you're a royal too, one much like myself.

The two witches healed the six who had been injured. They now stood by a clear work table. "I will let you do this Rommie, you've always been better at it." Ben smiled. Kyra had finally remembered who he was. The two hug each other as Kyra sheds tears. Though the curly-haired boy was three inches taller than Ben he held on to him as if he were holding on to a lost memento.

"I was wondering when you would remember Kyralie." Kyra had forgotten the sound of his own full name until Ben had uttered it with a tenderness he had forgotten as well. "I missed you, Ben, how did I forget about you?" He was filled with so many questions.

"Later first let's finish this, hope you still remember." The taller witch nods. "Burnt clay, tarmin sap, crystalized kryon blood and purified magnamite." The solution had an orange glow. "Xaphis melva triam." Both chanted as the orange glow turned yellow.

The healing potion was made and given the six who had inhaled poison. "Drink this and you'll be ok." They nod as Kyra pulls Ben out of the classroom.

"What the hell are you doing to my mate Kyra!!" The hallway had cleared in seconds as Hayes yelled with a surge of electricity and air flowing from him in the direction of Kyra and Ben.

Both boys turned. Kyra instinctively let his own power free, the two powers clashed in the hallway. Ben was in-between both of them. "Mr. Wyne and more staff had come to see what had caused the surge of power. "Hayes calm down it's alright." The demon was not convinced as the ground beneath him began to crack as more and more auxis was released by the demon.

"Why am I the one who has to do this." Ben released his own cloaked power and the two who were about to kill each other were overwhelmed, even the teachers drew back. Kyra took a deep breath and pulled back and so did Hayes. Ben had already pulled back shaking his own head.

"Possessive much Hayes." Kyra shrugged as he came to stand by the two mates. "You're going on a time out and you I will figure out what to do with you later." He spoke pointing to Hayes then Kyra. "But babe I did nothing wrong." Ben sighs and drags Hayes out of the building Kyra following along.

Halwright Great Hall.

"So you're telling me that you're the Benjamin Syre, master of the Neo beasts." Robin was still shaken by the sudden revelation of who Ben actually was. The witch only nods as he feeds the grumpy demon. "No wonder you could perform those spells during your battle with Theo." The four had sat on a secluded area away from prying eyes in the great hall.

" It's so nice finally having my memories back of you." The soft smile on Kyra's lips was reciprocated by Ben as he too smiled.

"Good we found you, Ben we hereby request you to lead the witches." Ben and Hayes already knew about the witches plan. The demon chuckled. He knew there was no way Ben would challenge Kyra, even all evidence points to Ben being stronger than Kyra his little witch wouldn't do it.

The witch who stood in front of the faction leaders and Ben with the rest of his companions waited for his reply. Kyra was still startled by this action.

"So what do you say?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ