38. You Kidnapped the Wrong Protagonist...Not

A/N: I'm going to start updating alternate days from now onwards ;) Enjoy <3

After I came home that day, the children from the orphanage were leaving.

The new building was ready and they were all packed to move. The Mansion was going to be Aiden's in two and a half months so it needed to be properly maintained and the interior was to be designed according to his fiancee and him.

I asked Choco if she wanted to leave with her friends but she said no. Rather she wanted to live in the Royal hostel for Mages without family or those who travelled far to reach the capital.

But I refused. She was too young to start living alone. Mother and Father agreed with that.

So she is currently living with us, though she negotiated her stay here till I'm here. Once I leave the mansion, after getting engaged (if I get engaged, that is), she'll leave too. She is too smart for a 5-year-old.

Now, at the mention of me getting engaged, mother was excited, father and Aiden sulked silently, while I was just wishing to get engaged to a sexy, sweet and rich man above 20.

Well, it would be fine if he is not rich (since father is rich, he can probably buy me whatever I ask for after marriage) but sexy and sweet is a must. And since I'm in a novel world, this type of man should exist, who is both, sexy and sweet, at the same time. Now, a 20 above age is also a must (I can't feel like I'm pedophile after marriage). Adailia is 18 so it won't be a problem to get married to a man around 20 or 25.

The next day Choco was going to the Academy for the first time and she travelled with Seanna and me in the carriage. She looked calm but I could tell she was nervous.

So I tried talking to her, keeping her mind off the Academy which partially worked.

But once we reached there, Choco freaked out and refused to get out of the carriage.

After trying to convince her for 15 minutes, Sir Gaston just lifted her up and we started making our way towards the gates of the Academy.

Choco was crying by the time we were inside the building. Seanna decided to take it from here and I left for the knight's building.

As I was walking there, I noticed that all the corridors were empty, which was surprising since at least half the male knights keep fooling around in the corridors and when I reached my classroom, I realised why.

There were only girls sitting there with a book in their hand.

I completely forgot that today was the first test for the Empress selection contest.

The girls looked like me when I was preparing for my college entrance exam. Or when I watched anime throughout the night on a school day.

Even Olivia looked haggard. There was not a single male in the room and I think it was cause they had a holiday today because of the test.

Soon a few professors came in and told us to take any seat.

Later they handed us question paper and a professor stood between each table to ensure that nobody cheats.

Now, they should've just used anti-cheat spell on the paper or something like that instead of doing this low budget thing. Cause if they think I'll be able to write even a single word with this teacher watching me,  they are hella wrong.

I won't be able to solve this thing even if it's elementary level.

But I was wrong.

Not about the solving part, but about the elementary part.