Game of Torture

Demetria's P.O.V.:

Joker hasn't come back in a while. I don't know whether to be concerned or relieved—concerned at the fact that he might be hauling some huge "present" for us, or relieved at...I lied. There's nothing to be relieved about in this situation.

I look to my right, seeing Damian still out cold. He hasn't moved an inch since Joker left, I'm starting to question if he's still alive. Seeing as he wouldn't be of much help in that state, I begin to make a plan. It would be much harder to escape now since I'll end up hauling extra weight, but that's what happens when you get a brother like him.

I look over at the weaponry table, scanning over all of the devices there. Knives, guns, tasers, fire torches,...nothing that can really help me. I look down at my tied up body, staring at the thick copper wiring. Looking back at the table, I search for anything that can cut the wire. 

The flame torch could work, but it'll take a while. Copper wires are susceptible to heat, but they do have a melting point. I begin to second guess myself. It's going to take a long time if I use that and we don't have time. But it's better than nothing.

I sigh, gathering my energy to take myself to the table. I watch the door, making sure the coast is clear. Hearing nothing but the gunfight happening above, I begin to hop my way towards the table. With each hop, a sharp pain shoots in my side, making me grunt with every movement. Halfway to the table, I lose the balance I had on the chair, causing me to fall forward. Hitting the floor, I scream in pain. But I cut my scream short, having my voice muffled behind my closed lips. I grit my teeth and clench my fists and body, trying to fight through the pain.

"Dee."

My eyes shoot open at the voice. "Dami?"

"Dee, are you okay?" he asks, his voice full of concern.

"Totally," I grit out.

After a few seconds of silence, I hear him softly gasp. "Dee. Is this your blood?"

In the position I'm currently in, I can't see him or to whatever he's referring to. But being here long enough, I can only assume that he's talking about the huge puddle of blood where I once was. "Maybe." I begin to move side to side on the ground, trying to get myself back up. Thrashing side to side, I had somehow found myself on my back, staring at the ceiling. Landing on my back, I hear a crack and not the satisfying kind. I yelp in pain. The pain causing me to arch my back, but the copper wires restricting me from doing so.

"Dee, stop! You're going to get yourself killed."

I lift my head up, now having a perfect view of Damian. His face shows concern and anger. 

"If I don't do anything, not only I but you too, will definitely get killed." I let my head drop back onto the ground, the weight of it being too heavy for me.

"You shouldn't move. You've lost too much blood."

"If you think that I shouldn't be doing anything, then why don't you figure a way out of here!" I yell at him. I'm already beyond infuriated.

We stay in silence after that. I lay on the ground, staring at the ceiling, starting to feel bad for yelling at him. I lift my head to look at him, to see him thrashing around in his seat, trying to get out of the wires. "Tried that," I say putting my head back down.

"Tch. If I only had my utility belt."

I raise my head and cock my eyebrow. I look at his uniform noticing that his utility belt is gone. "You didn't being your utility belt?"

He stares at me in disbelief. "Dee. You've been here for over twelve hours and you didn't realize that he took away your utility belt?"

My eyes widen in horror. "I've been here for over twelve hours!" I look down at my uniform. "And he took my utility belt!"