Kill or Be Killed

Maddie had been staying at Humphrey penthouse for a week now.

Tonight was Nate's birthday party set up by Serena herself. A little game of Assassins.

Maddie was only going to appease Serena and Nate. Plus Eric and Jenny has also promised to keep Chuck away from her.

"You ready?" Eric asked Maddie. She threw on her leather jacket and headed downstairs with him.

"You know for what it's worth I thought you two were made for each other" Eric commented trying to cheer Maddie up. She could tell she was giving off sad vibes.

"Thanks" Maddie weakly said. The two hopped into the limo and headed to the Waldorf residence.

"Are you and Jenny fighting?" Maddie asked. She had felt the tension at meals over the last few days.

"She's just, just turning into Blair. That's not the Jenny I know" Eric explained.

"Maybe you need to remind her of that"

"Yeah maybe" Eric scoffed.

Maddie sat silently the rest of the ride.

As Eric and Maddie rode the elevator up, Maddie couldn't help but feel nervous. Nervous to see Chuck and how he would react.

The two stepped out to find everyone mingling and interacting with the theme.

"Oh so glad you two are here. Have you heard from Nate M?" Serena asked.

"No, I bet he's on his way. The party looks killer" Maddie commented.

"Thanks. Here let me get your photos" Serena said picking up the old school film camera. Maddie and Eric individually posed in front of the backdrop before placing their photo on a necklace and hanging it around their neck.

"Maddie" a voice said. Eric and Maddie turned around to find Chuck walking down the stairs.

"I got this" Eric said sticking his hand out for Maddie not to move.

"Chuck why don't you go talk to Serena or Blair" Eric stated. Chuck let out a small laugh.

"Thank you for the concern but it will be quick" Chuck said pushing past. Maddie mouthed thank you to Eric who walked away.

"Make it quick Chuck. It's Nate's birthday and I honestly don't have the energy or the will to fight here" Maddie said.

"Just wanted to let you know I no longer live at the empire. Jack had bought it from me after I signed it over to my mother. The Palace is were you'll find me" Chuck said before walking away.

"Surprise" Serena shouted. Nate and Jenny walked out of the elevator.

Everyone erupted into cheers and surprise. Nate walked in greeting some of the guest before Serena took his photo.

"The game of Assassin is simple. Kill or be killed. Your photo is your life. You wear it around your neck. If someone grabs your picture before you grab theirs your out and you forfeit the photos you have collected to the other person. Once you've been killed you become a ghost and come back to the safe zone here for the party. You have five free minutes to hide on this block" Serena announced. Everyone flooded the elevator trying to make their escape.

Maddie hid out on the corner on the steps leading to an apartment on the lower level.

"Madeline Rose what a pleasant surprise" Jack Bass greeted.

"I'm kind of in the middle of something" Maddie said rudely hoping he would leave at once.

"Chuck wants the Empire Back. I want what you denied me at the opera. What do you say? Contracts written up" Jack offered.

"I won't sleep with you" Maddie objected.

"One night and your little boyfriend's dreams will be his again. I'll let him buy the hotel back at a profit and I'll go back to Australia never to be seen again" Jack offered once more.

"You promise the hotel is Chuck's?"

"I promise" Jack said. Maddie crept up from the stairwell and left the photo hanging on the fence post. She climbed into the limo with Jack.

"It's best not to waste time. We can sign the contract now" Jack said pulling out a pen and a piece of paper from his briefcase.

Maddie hesitantly looked over the contract before signing it.

"He can't know about this" Maddie begged.

"I'm not one to kiss and tell" Jack said pinching Maddie's cheeks. He leaned in for a kiss before placing his hand on her shirt.

Maddie disgusted felt helpless.

Jack almost as if he could read her mind removed his hand.

"Chuck will have the hotel by tomorrow" Jack said.

"That's it? That's all you wanted?" Maddie asked shocked.

"On contrary's belief I like to have sex with women who want to. Plus this was Chuck's idea. I got you and he got the hotel"

"Chuck would never"

"He told me how to lure you in the limo. Told me you wouldn't resist helping him. You Madeline, are the weakness to Chuck Bass. I knew if I wanted to destroy him I need to destroy the relationship you to share. I guess you could say I was successful"

The limo stopped in front of Lily's place. Maddie got out at once mortified at what had just happened.

She rushed through the doors to hear Chuck.

"Home so soon?"

"Tell me Jack was lying" Maddie cried.

"You betrayed me" Chuck angrily stated.

"You set me up. You know I would do anything for you to be successful and happy. Hell we haven't even had a decent conversation in a week and I still went and saved your ass. You know why?! Because I care for you and I love you" Maddie shouted.

"I can't let my feelings cost me all that I've built. I've learned that this week" Chuck said with slight vengeance in his voice.

"Even if that means losing me?"

"You said you would stand by me, through anything" Chuck quoted.

"I can't stand by you after this"

"You went in that limo on your own" Chuck commented. Maddie smacked him out of anger.

"Don't speak to me ever again" Maddie said before running upstairs tears exploding out of her eyes and steaming down her cheeks.

"Madeline?" Lily questioned as she her the sobbing exit the elevator. Maddie ran into Lily's arms needing comforting.

"Lil?" Rufus called out as he walked down the stairs to see Lily and Maddie in the living room.

"Madeline I think you need your father" Lily said.

"I don't have a father to go home to anymore" Maddie said.

"Let her stay Lil" Rufus said. Maddie looked to Rufus and smiled before excusing herself to her room.