EPILOGUE

5 YEARS LATER

"Maama—are we there, yet?" Aasiya heard her 5 year old daughter's inquiry and looked away from the road to watch her  sitting in the backseat of the car, through the rearview mirror. Following her inquisition, she had once again become immersed in going through the album on her lap, for the millionth time.

Ever since she found them at her Naano's place earlier this year, she had become obsessed with them.

"Almost there, sweetie—" Aasiya returned with a small smile, before returning her attention back to driving.

"We will go see Baaba first, yes?" On catching the excitement brimming in her voice, Aasiya couldn't help but chuckle before replying in affirmative.

It was often during these times, when Aasiya would catch herself being amazed by her little baby. And it was also during these times when she would find herself humbly submitting before Allah once again; thanking Him for His countless blessings.

"And your Lord is going to give you and you will be satisfied." (Quran 93:5)

"Maama?" She caught sight of her daughter's honey coloured orbs through the mirror.

"Eeshal and Aaminah said that I don't look like Baaba—but I told them Maama says that my habits are all like Baaba." She retorted, her eyes twinkling with seriousness, at the severity of the matter at hand.

"Yes—Especially your impressive talking habits." Aasiya returned with a chuckle which very much pleased her daughter. Aasiya found herself thinking back to the past and realising that it really was true; despite the fact, she wasn't even her own flesh and blood.

The shock of Naveed's death had left her incapacitated and it wasn't until after Ammar told her about everything; from Naveed's repentance, following his accident, that had left him handicapped—to the truth about those 3 killings; did she finally manage to stop mourning for him. The fact that he had returned to Allah and toiled in His way to earn His forgiveness was enough to heal Aasiya's broken heart. She felt all the gratitude in this world had fell short, to thank Allah for not leaving him alone in the darkness.

It was also in that moment, when she truly realised the meaning behind those words;

إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّآ إِلَيْهِ رَٰجِعُونَ

"Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return." (Quran 2:156)

"Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah, so they kill and are killed. [It is] a true promise [binding] upon Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah ? So rejoice in your transaction which you have contracted. And it is that which is the great attainment." (Quran 9:110)

Slowly, everything had started to return to normal. She didn't find any reason to complain anymore. She was contented in Allah's will and had made her peace with her parents, whom she had returned to live with. A few months following that, she had decided to return to Kashmir, to finish her training, with her parents permission.

And it was there that she found her—Her Naafiya.

Never once, did Aasiya think it was a coincidence, that someone had left a helpless newborn outside the steps of Madrasah. It was fate, Aasiya would always tell her—Serendipity.