𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑𝟎

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒔.❞ 

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Uncertainty and conflict whirled inside Astrid at these uncomfortable realizations, and she rose unsteadily from the table. Astrid felt as if her whole world-- her whole life-- had been shaken, which it quite literally had. 

The ideals she had been expounded upon her entire life were not correct. Although the Jedi Order had good intentions when making their Order's key ideals, their ideals were flawed and incomplete. 

Astrid realized she'd been standing there in silence, and she looked at Sariah as she said hurriedly, "Thank you for your time, Sariah." 

Sariah smiled lightly and replied as she rose to her feet, "This may be an isolated planet, but that doesn't mean we-- the Grey Jedi-- haven't heard news about the war. I am hopeful you may bring change to your Jedi Order. That is why I invited you here." 

Astrid dipped her head, readily accepting the burden Sariah and the rest of the Grey Jedi-- the rest of the galaxy-- was placing on Astrid to fix the Jedi Order and the Republic. "I will try," Astrid told her solemnly. 

Astrid feared if the Jedi Order didn't change soon, they would lose this war.  

Sariah quirked a smile and replied, "If you ever decide you want nothing of the Jedi Order, you should consider joining us here." 

Astrid doubted she would ever leave the Order, and doubted even more that she would ever want to visit this planet ever again. But, she smiled gratefully and inclined her head in silent acknowledgment of her offer. 

Astrid made towards the door, but upon remembering her plan to get some help from the Grey Jedi, she turned around and asked, "Do you suppose there's any way you could help my friends and me get off of this planet?" 

Sariah only grinned. "We have plenty of ships. How else would we have gotten to this planet?" 

Sariah walked past Astrid to the front door, and when she opened it, the bright light from outside almost seemed to blind Astrid.

"Follow me," Sariah told her as Astrid's eyes fought to adjust to the new lighting. "I'll show you our ships." 

Astrid followed Sariah out into the camp, and once again she found herself fixated on the Jedi families. She watched the groups of Jedi and playing children as she passed through the camp, smiling wistfully at their ability to openly display such affection to each other. 

Sariah led her in the opposite direction of the house Astrid had crashed into earlier, and soon enough they were nearing the rock slope leading up to the very edge of the mountain top. Sariah stopped before the upward slope and pressed a hand against the rock. 

A moment later, a part of the rock slide to the side to reveal an open doorway. Beyond the doorway were descending stone stairs that vanished into the inky darkness below. Sariah ignited her white lightsaber before she began walking down the steps. 

The white glow of Sariah's lightsaber provided them light as they descended into the dark, and Astrid ignited her own blue lightsaber to add to her light. Eventually, they reached the bottom of the stairs, and overhead lights flickered on, revealing a cavernous room full of docked starships.