Thoughts {Jean Grey x Fem reader}

A/N

Finally! I can finally start writing about my favorite thing about Marvel.

The X-Men! Let's start with one of the founding members of the team. And, of course one that everyone knows or at least heard about it.

Marvel Girl!!

Comic Universe:Marvel

Real Name: Jean Grey

********

New York City, where every superhero on the planet lives...for the most part. A mansion, made for mutant eduction along with helping those young mutants help control they're amazing gifts.

Well, in Professor X's eyes. Humanity hates them, just because they're different. And Charles Xavier wants humans and mutants to coexist, sounds crazy and maybe impossible.

And, sometimes. It does seem impossible to achieve. Having the mansion blow up once or twice, seeing such close friends and people you care about die. It seems like this dream, that will never happen.

But, you keep pushing. It's gotten happen...right? That's what always goes though (Y/N)'s head, always clouding up her train of thoughts. She tries to think of something else, but sometimes seeing the people she's form such close relationships with. Just suddenly disappear from her life.

It's the only thing she can think about sometimes, the what ifs and how's it actually going to happen. (Y/N) stared at her bowl full of milk, she eaten all her fruit loops already.

But, now was just spooning milk all over again. "You look so spacey." A voice ran though her head, she looked up see Jean staring at her with an caring smile.

Green eyes lingering on the other teenage's face. (Y/N) looked back down and continued playing with her bowl full of milk. "Debuting if I should get more cereal, don't want to gain weight." (Y/N) gave a small chuckle at Jean's reaction.

"Gain weight? Oh please, if anything you're only feeding your stomach worth an hour of breakfast. Before, you come back down to the kitchen to snack on something for you're now hungry stomach." (Y/N) laughed a little, and tossed the paper towel at the redhead mutant.

"Was this used?" The redhead asked, pulling her eyes away from her book picking up the paper towel. "Yup, used to wipe my running nose." (Y/N) grinned idiotically as she saw Jean's face scrunch up in disgust.

"Eww! You are so nasty!" Jean had got up and had thrown it at (Y/N). Who was almost on the edge of falling off her chair, laughing. "I'm kidding, Jeannie! It wasn't used, I just picked it off the table!" (Y/N) tried to catch her breath in between her laughs, snorting every once awhile which got the young redhead to giggle.

After the two teenage girls finally had calmed down from they're laughing fits. Jean was the first to break the silence, "It's good to know I can make you think of other things, besides grief and regret." This had drawn a long sigh from (Y/N).

"It's something that's always on my mind, Strawberry. I can never think of anything else, and when I try to. My thoughts always wandered back, to what if I can't save you from an mission?" Jean could see her best friend tear up at the thought of losing her.

(Y/N) had placed her hands over her face, to try and hide the fact she was about to start crying in front of Jean. The redhead had gotten off the chair, where she was sitting across (Y/N). Jean had pulled her best friend into an comforting hug, she could feel all those different emotions run though her friend's head.

The hardest thing about being a telepath, is you feel what the mind feels. And in this situation, Jean feels regret, grief, suffering, despair, and desperation. The mind desperately trying to claw it's way out of it's own misery.

(Y/N) trying to find light at the end of the tunnel, only to fine out she had stopped at an lamp. And, had more ways to go before actually reaching the end of the tunnel.

Jean had started rubbing her hands up and down her friend's back. "Shhh, I'm right here. I'm not going anyway." (Y/N) had pulled her face away from her hands. (E/C) eyes staring into the green forest of Jean Grey's.

"Promise?" The older of the two, questioned. Jean smiled, pulling (Y/N) into her chest. Lightly stroking her head.

"Promise."

Boom! The sound of thunder striking though the cloudy darkened sky. (Y/N) shot her eyes open, from not only hearing the sound of thunder and lightning but that same dream still replaying in her brain.

She shot herself off her pillow, as lighting was being her only source of light from her window under her curtains. Even the moonlight, (Y/N) had placed a hand on her chest. Something Jean use to do, when (Y/N) made a stupid joke and she would get playfully and lightly pushed.

Then she stared down at her lap, and started crying. She felt weak, but at the same time strong. She always told Jean, "If you cry, it doesn't make you weak. It just means you've been strong long enough." And that quote always stuck with the redhead.

(Y/N) pushed her hands though her hair, tearing up more as she thought of her now deceased best friend. She wanted to tell her best friend she loved her, but when (Y/N) saw how happy Jean was with Scott. She rather let herself feel pain, then her friend who was experiencing happiness.

"You just had to past away..." (Y/N) mumbled. Curling herself up in an ball and continuing to cry.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you from your fate...from your death..."