Chapter 18- Lies

After Marinette's class she headed over to the art room to get me, so we could walk home. Nathaniel, Marc, and I were talking when Marinette came in. She walked up to us.

"Hey guys!" She smiled. "I'm going to go grab the jacket I was working on, from the closet. I'll be right back." Marinette said walking off.

Suddenly a girl with brown hair and bangs walks into the art room. Nathaniel sees her and waves. "Hi Lila!"

The girl-Lila, smiles and comes up to us. "Hey Nathaniel!" She suddenly sees me. "Who's this?" She asks, pointing her finger at me.

"This is (yn), she's from America. Didn't you hear that an exchange student was coming?"

Lilas smile suddenly fades, but is quickly replaced by another smile. "Wow, you're so pretty, (yn)! You are super lucky."

"Um, thanks?" I say...confused.

"So you're from America? That's amazing. I lived their for a couple of years, you know." Lila says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "I lived in New York where I got to meet famous fashion designers. I've even met Style Queen, Audrey Bourgeois."

"Oh really? That's pretty cool" I say back.

Lila looks a bit shocked at my words, and looks down, she suddenly smirks.

"Have you met Ladybug and Chat Noir yet?" She asks me.

"I've talked to Chat Noir a couple of times." I say.

"I'm so glad that you've met him! He's pretty great isn't he? Chat Noir even gave me this necklace!" Lila says holding up a necklace with a golden heart on it.

This catches me off-guard. "What? Why'd he give you that?"

"Oh, well we're supposed to try and keep it to ourselves, but since you're not from here I suppose I can tell you." Lila leans over and whispers in my ear. "Chat Noir is my boyfriend."

Lila sits back to get a good look at my completely shocked face. She gives me a fake smile.

Suddenly Marinette comes out of the closet. She scowls and comes towards us. "What are you doing in here?"

"I came by to meet, (yn)." Lila gives Marinette a smile.

"That's great but (yn) and I have to get going." Marinette grabs my wrist and walks me out the door.

When we left the school building I stop Marinette. "What was that all about?" I ask. "Do you have something against Lila?"

"Listen, (yn), whatever Lila says to you, don't believe it. That girl lies with every breath." Marinette says.

"So shes not dating Chat Noir then?" I ask.

Marinette looks shocked. "What?! Of course not! That's one of the biggest lies yet!" Marinette slaps her hand on her forehead. "Why don't people realize what a phony she is?"

"How do you know for sure?"

"Uhhhh, because...Chat Noir's in love with Ladybug!!!" Marinette crosses her arms over her chest. "It's so obvious. He's constantly flirting with her, and he's even admitted it a couple of times."

My heart drops. I suddenly begin struggling to swallow the lump forming in my throat. My checks heat up.

Marinette turns to me, confused. "Are you okay?"

My cheeks turn red. "Of course!! Never better, why?" I give a forced smile.

"Oh...alright then." Marinette begins walking and I follow behind her.

Each step I take is like lifting a bag of bricks on my feet. It's taking all my strength to hold in my tears. I slip my hands into my pockets, as my lower lip begins trembling. I feel like such a fool.

Chat Noir loves Ladybug...

...Not me