Chapter 53: Journey's End

A small amount of water hits Kirby O'Neil's face, and he opens his eyes to find April and Michelangelo staring down at him, one with concern on her face and the other with a faint smile. He groans and sits up, rubbing his balding head.

"I just had the worst dream," he says. "The Kraang were trying to invade..."

"Don't worry, Mr. O'Neil," Michelangelo says, leaning onto the arm of the couch. "Reality is way worse than your nightmare."

Mr. O'Neil whimpers and clutches his head. Donatello glares at Michelangelo and cuffs him over the back of the head as the freckled turtle giggles sheepishly. There's a rush of footsteps from down the hall before Raphael and Casey appear, winded but okay.

"We gotta move," Raphael says. "Kraang Prime is stomping this..." He takes notice of Diaval, who's still seated on the floor with a cat in his lap. "...way." He narrows his eyes. "Okay, why is he here?"

"Long story," Donatello says.

Raphael opens his mouth to speak, but Michelangelo interrupts with a happy exclamation of the red-masked turtle's name followed by a loving hug. Raphael smiles a tiny bit, patting Michelangelo's head.

"Aw, I missed you too, little brother," he says, momentarily distracted.

"Casey!" April greets as she wraps her arms around the hockey player's middle, her head resting below his chin. "Oh, I was scared I'd lost you forever."

"No worries, Red," Casey says, unable to keep the grin from his face as he rests his hand on her shoulder. "Your man is here."

Donatello rolls his eyes. "Uh, not to break this up, but Leo is still out there and Destiny went after him!"

"What?" Raphael exclaims.

"Wolfie is back?" Casey asks.

"Long story, bro," Michelangelo says. "Basically—"

The front window shatters as Leonardo's unconscious body is thrown through it. Diaval makes an uncharacteristic yelping noise as he lurches to the side, Leonardo landing right where he'd previously been sitting. The cat yowls and bolts away out the new opening.

"Leo!" Raphael cries.

Him and Michelangelo scramble to their leader's side, Michelangelo tugging him up into his arms as Raphael tilts his head towards his mouth and and listens.

"He's still breathing," he exhales, his green eyes darting all over his brother's body and taking in the extensive injuries.

"Dude, his shell is cracked!" Michelangelo says, his hand tightening against Leonardo's shoulder.

"Come out, turtles!" Tiger Claw calls from outside, his rumbling voice alerting everyone in the room to his presence. "We know you're in there! The wolf is already dead, you will be next!"

Expressions all around the room collapse and they share uncertain and frightened looks.

"Des?" Donatello whispers.

Diaval gets to his feet and tugs his bow off his shoulder, nocking an arrow back. He moves to the window, noting the multiple Foot warriors waiting for them at every possible exit.