Han Suyin - 3.12

Han Suyin was sitting down on a chair lazily while eating some peanuts. Fu Guan was sitting next to her and kept on trying to take them away. At this point in the plot, Xing Yi Chen has completely fallen in love with Su Leili and is courting her, trying to make her feel the same way.

"Why did you come here?" Fu Guan asked, randomly.

"Are you mad?" Han Suyin dully asked Fu Guan another question instead of answering.

Han Suyin saw Fu Guan's criticising gaze and sighed.

"I wasn't lying when I said I want this army to be acknowledged by the people of Jiu." She sat up straighter. "I came here to make sure I do that."

"What are you planning to do?"

Han Suyin put down her peanuts and dusted the residue off her hands. She cracked her knuckles and smiled.

"Why don't I show you?"

...

The smaller countries and tribes that were between Jiu and Zhuming was not that much. Around a quarter of it already surrendered to Jiu when General Han was still alive. The rest of them were the ones that joined with Zhuming's army to march to Jiu. However, there was still one tribe that hadn't surrendered to either country. It was the biggest out of the smaller population and it was called Jiandan.

General Han hadn't been able to conquer that tribe because of the stubborn people in it. It was understandable though, the people of Jiandan didn't want to follow the rules of Jiu, not that it was much different anyway.

It was Han Suyin's plan to peacefully sign a treaty with the Leader of Jiandan. He was like an Emperor but more informal, they choose to solely protect their people and their people alone, nobody else.

"Impossible! That fool would never agree to it!" Fu Guan yelled.

"Trust me, Master Fu." Han Suyin respectfully said.

Fu Guan was taken aback at the sudden respectful tone of Han Suyin. "Look, you took care of this place and made sure everyone was safe. Unfortunately, we are not in peaceful times, we have to do something."

"Why isn't Jiu's official army doing anything?" Fu Guan asked, not wanting to follow Han Suyin's plan.

"Because the soldiers aren't informed of it."

"If the soldiers of the military aren't aware of it, then how are you?"

"I'm one of the Captains in the military, Master Fu." Han Suyin said.

"You're a what?! In the military?" Fu Guan yelled, his deep voice was so loud that the tent shook a little.

Han Suyin laughed, "Yes I am."

"That's why you are familiar with our training and way of life! I thought that you would've run away on the first day!" Fu Guan chuckled. "A Captain? That's amazing, your father would be proud."

"Thanks, old man."

"And you're back."

Han Suyin laughed and started to speak again. "My Commander sent me here, he was informed of the problems a while ago and wanted me to take you all and handle the situation. He trusted me enough to go alone because he knew about you guys. The name might sound familiar, Commander Bai."

"Commander Bai? You mean the one who was good friends with your father?" Fu Guan narrowed his eyes.

"Yes."

"Fine, you win. That man is too good at what he does." Fu Guan sighed. "I'll get everyone ready."

...