•C h a p t e r T e n•

Dedicated to someonesomewherenow

Song for chapter ten: Its Nice To Have a Friend by Taylor Swift
(About Josie)

|Skyler|

"So, what do you think of this one?" Josie appeared from the change room, hands on her hips as she sauntered towards me like a model on a runway. Head up and shoulders back. I looked up from my phone where I'd been mindlessly scrolling through Instagram, scanning her dress from head to toe.

To be honest, it looked the same as the others she'd shown me before.

"It looks good," I commented with a nod. "I like the green, it brings out your hair, and your eyes."

It was a dark, forest green dress that hugged her body at the waist and flared out below it. The hem was embroidered with fascinating patterns.

"Really?" she turned to look at the full sized mirror next to her again.

She had been picking out dresses for the masquerade ball for the past hour, dragging me along with her to get mine as well. Paige and Esther were lucky enough to have a shift decorating the gym for the ball after school.

School was also bland. Chemistry consisted of a lesson that took up the whole class, and Aden hadn't said much as well. I was tempted to ask him how his dad was, and if something was wrong, but I couldn't bring myself to. Besides, he'd pretty much left the classroom right as the bell rang since apparently he had a test to get to.

Physical education class was even worse. It consisted of a 2 kilometre run that almost annihilated me as a person who never got off the couch.

Aden though, didn't really seem fazed at all by the run, as expected since he did play soccer. He was stupidly athletic.

"Yes, really. It looks great on you," I insisted. Truly, the dress did look better than the others she'd tried on. It brought out the orange in her hair which in my opinion was the best part about her.

"Okay, I think this is the one," she beamed at the mirror. "Now, it's your turn!"

"But I'm not sure if I want to go," I groaned, planting my butt deeper into the leather seat I was sitting on.

"You have to. It's the first dance of the year, or probably the only one we'll have considering the school's budget," she tried to convince me, and then a twinkle appeared in her eye as she smirked. "Besides... I'm sure Aden will be there."

My head snapped in her direction, "I don't know what you're trying to get at but—"

"Oh, spare me your lies," she cackled, cutting me off. She spun  around to face me, "I know you like him, and I know he likes you too!"