{10}

💊TRIGGER WARNING

Carmen P.O.V.

Once upon a time I was a happy person with a loving and caring family. I think it's funny how one mistake that's my fault could ruin all of it in one day. People have tried to tell me it's not my fault, but I know it is my fault if it wasn't for my soccer practice I would still be happy and have that loving family again. Looking at the bottle of pills in my hand I contemplate if this the right choice to make. Walking over to my windowsill I look up at the sky smiling to myself thinking about how I could be happy again with my mom. Going to my bathroom I feel up glass of water and go back into my room. Sitting on my bed I grab the pills again and toss all of them in my mouth as I drink all of the glass of water I had. As I start swaying feeling light headed I see a face in my window. Looking at the face with blurry vision I see that it's Xavier smiling to myself thinking that he would be the last thing I see I would be okay with it.

Watching as he jumps through my window and grabs the pill bottle I feel him hold onto my body mumbling things I can't comprehend. As I feel myself slipping away I hear him scream then everything goes black.

Beep....Beep....Beep

I hear as I start to wake up to the smell of disinfectant. Hearing people mumbling in the back I try to open my eyes, but it's like my body doesn't want to. Feeling tingles go up my arm I feel calm and at peace. Wait, Xavier is the only one that gives me those. Is he here? Where is here? I try to open my eyes again and this time they work and they open as I realize I am in a hospital. Looking to the sides I see Xavier holding my right hand with his head laying the side of the mattress and I see Avery to the left side sleeping the couch in the corner. I raise my hand to run my fingers through Xavier's hair, but realize he probably doesn't want me to touch him.

Reaching over I take out the IV in my arm and slowly stand up and walk over to the couch were I see clothes that I guess are for me and take them to the bathroom to change. Quietly exiting the hospital I discharge myself from the hospital and start walking home quickly not knowing how long I have been asleep.

Opening the front door I see Jack laying the couch asleep, quietly walking past him to the stairs I feel him grip my neck and make me face him. "Where the f*uck have you been," he sneers in my face "At the hospital," I say honestly. He looks me in the eyes and lets go of my neck and walks out of the house and I hear his car leave. After taking a warm shower I take the pain meds the doctor gave me and walked into my closet to find something comfy to wear. I grab a grey Champion hoodie with black tights and put my hair into a messy bun as I grab my glasses to put them on as well.

 I grab a grey Champion hoodie with black tights and put my hair into a messy bun as I grab my glasses to put them on as well

Hearing frantic knocking on the door I walk downstairs to open the door for whoever it is. As I open the front door I get pulled into a hug by someone I identify as Xavier from his cologne. When he pulls away he grabs my cheeks and kisses my forehead as I feel the tingles I pull away quickly. "What are you doing here," I ask with confusion evident in my voice. "What the hell were you thinking just leaving the hospital like that," was his reply with anger. "It's not a big deal alright," I say as its no big deal when I start walking back to my room not caring if he follows or not. Stepping on something I look down and see the pill bottle still sitting on the ground.

    As I picked it up and raised back up Xavier rips it out of my hands and yells "Do you have any idea how stupid you are," with fury in his eyes. "How am I stupid," I ask knowing the answer already. "You took this whole d*mn bottle, don't you know you could've died," he says with hurt and confusion evident. "Don't you think I know could've died, that's why I made sure to take the whole bottle hoping for this to end," I say as tears role down my face. "You meant to die," he ask with tears gathering in his eyes. "It doesn't matter it didn't work this time did it," I say with no big deal. "What the hell do you mean this time," he yells once again with fury. "Don't sit here and act like you care okay this isn't the first and it probably won't be the last, so can you just leave please." I say looking down not looking him in the eyes. When I hear him walk towards me I feel him press a light kiss to my cheek then to my forehead and say "I will always care about you." When I hear the front door shut I fall to the floor crying at the constant pain that I feel since my mother's death.