21

chapter twenty one — i made those for dahye only

dahye woke up at nine a.m and panicked because she was late to school, but then realized that she had to stay home. dahye huffed and got her phone to reply some messages from her friends. dahye got hungry so she sat up and got her crutches, walking slowly down the stairs.
"what did we say about calling us when you need something?"
dahye's dad walked over to her, helping her walk.
"it's fine, i need to get used to this"
dahye replied.

they arrived at the kitchen and dahye's mom was cooking breakfast. she placed three plates of french toasts on the dining table.
"so, how long am i gonna stay home?"
dahye asked.
"the doctor said three days but if you're still struggling to walk then you should probably stay home for a few more days"
her mom replied and she nodded.
dahye went up to her room, washed up and changed then laid on her bed. she was on her phone texting her friends and spent the entire day either on her computer or phone, only leaving the room to eat. it was around three p.m when the doorbell rang and dahye's mom went to answer, dahye heared chatters and laughter before she heard her mom call dahye and told her dad to help her walk down.

"i can walk myself dad, i need to get used it"
dahye said and smiled.
"i know, just in case anything happens"
her dad replied, holding on gently to her left arm as her right arm held onto her crutches.
on the way down the stairs, dahye still had no clue on who came to visit although, she hoped for one particular person, pretty obvious who it is, right? she walked in the living room, behind her dad and there she saw six familiar faces— well, four very familiar faces, two of them she barely knew. of course, it was jeno, the person she hoped for, along with jaeyu, eunji, gahyun, jaemin and haechan.

"dahye!"
they exclaimed and the three girls gave dahye a big hig while the three boys just stood there watching awkwardly.
"should we hug to?"
haechan joked as jeno and jaemin laughed.
"yeah we probably should"
and the three hugged, copying the way the four girls hug.
"you guys came for me, aw that's sweet"
dahye said in a high-pitched voice.
"no, i came for jeno's cookies. it looked really good on your instagram story"
jaemin said, shrugging.
"um no, i made those for dahye only"
jeno replied, huffing and crossing his arms.