redemption

The game of trust, do you still remember how to play it?

It's simple, really.

All you have to do is close your eyes. And let yourself fall.
Here's the tricky part.
You have to believe in that person to catch you from fall.

"I trusted you!"

The duo clad in blue and green were wheezing, laughing hard at him as he dusted his painful butt.

"Sorry, my hands slipped!" Taufan giggled, hugging the sulking fire elemental. How can you not tease your little brother? They're so adorable when mad~

"C'mon Blaze, next time Taufan will catch you for sure!" Thorn assured him as Blaze huffed angrily. A glare was sent to Taufan and a smirk made its way to his lips.

"Why not I'll catch you? Let's see who's the man of words here."

"I don't think so-"

"So you do not trust me now?" Blaze taunted and Taufan shifted awkwardly in his stance. Oh gosh, you reap whay you sow.

Inhaling, he closes his eyes as he spun his back to Blaze, pulling his hands up to hold his shoulder. He shifted in his heels, front, back and front again.

Will Blaze catch him?

Will he fall?

Of course he will, Blaze won't get easy on him for what he has done.

It's a game of trust after all.

"You said, you'll catch me if I fall,"

His breath uneven, making his way up taking three stairs at once. His heart pumping like it about to burst from the cage of his ribs. Cold sweats beading his forehead and neck. He didn't stop, even if his legs begged.

"Blaze, please." a whisper.

"What's with that look, Blazey are you scared~?"

Blaze frown at the white haired boy, standing at the very end of the ledge. His ruby eyes gave a playful look as he rubbing more on provoking him.

"And you called yourself a man of words? What a chicken, Blaze."

"Shut up, Taufan! Who said I'm scared? heh." He exclaimed, despite forwarding towards him with clammy hands.

The said Taufan smiled, his hands going through his white hair as he repositioned his blue cap. "That's the spirit."

Both of them glancing down from the top of the fourth floor of the school building; the rooftop. Taufan said it's a test of bravery, and he assure him that Blaze will lose on this.

And of course, he won't let that happen.

"What are you doing there? Stand up here with me." Taufan sneered and this annoyed him. The hothead climbs up and he stood shakily, trying not to swayed along by the passing wind.

"Happy now?! Are we done yet?!"

Taufan twirl in response, which he catch him by the arm, almost making them caught in a heart attack. Blaze was about to nag when he gave a hearty laugh.

"New game, Game of trust!"

"W-what? Here?!" Blaze choked as the blue boy quickly turned and stood up, instantly letting himself fall into his shaking outstretched arm. Blaze exclaiming heart attack scream and Taufan laugh louder at his reaction.

"You catch me, yay!"

"Of course I am! Stop it Tau!"

"Your turn, your turn!"

Taufan spun him, with his back facing towards him. His heart escalated at the sudden gesture. Cold hands patting his stiffed shoulders softly. He don't know what kind of jin possessed his brother right now, he wanted this all to end.

"Don't you believe in me Blaze?"

His feet slipped and he fall face first on the stair, his chin bump hard on it. Tears beading and his fist clenched white.

"Blaze, open your eyes..."

No, he can't let his brother die.

Not in the hand of an imposter.

"..that's not me."

"I believe you."

His eyes shutting close, wind passing by, kissing his cold cheeks. A soft hummed reached his ears as he shifted in his heels to his toe slowly, front, back and front again.

He catched him just now, right?

He won't let him fall seriously.

Taufan will always be there for him even if he's falling....

right?

"Of course, I always will."

~

"You said, you'll catch me if I fall,"

"Of course, I always will."

Imposter Taufan luring Blaze to play with him in the game of trust.

Meanwhile the real Taufan, on his way to save him.

The two italic sentence were the words spoken in the past when they played the game together. The story of the past stopped when it's Taufan's turned to be catched and that are the dialogue shared from two of them.

First one was spoken by Taufan
And the second one spoke by Blaze.

But now in the future, this two dialogue reversed, spoken by the opposite other,

First by Blaze and last by Taufan.

Hanging end? Yes it is. This is the end of the chapter, feel free to make it your own end~

redemption · /rɪˈdɛm(p)ʃ(ə)n/

noun

1. the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.

2. the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt.

3. To be honest, Manyee don't know anymore-

 To be honest, Manyee don't know anymore-