Chapter 26

Valeria was upset. She was extremely upset at everything, at Alessio, at everyone. His betrayal and infidelity was beyond forgiveness. Yes, she had vented her emotions to Valentino, the sex she had that night with him was mind blowing. She had never expected to have sex with him before, nor did she ever think of herself enjoying his company that way, but she was glad that he was there for her, but it was not enough to ease Valeria of the pain she was feeling. She needed more. Something much more extreme than just having sex with the brother of the man who betrayed her. No, she wanted more.

She believed Alessio still haven't had the taste of his own medicine, she wanted him to suffer, as much or more than the suffering she felt.

It was the time she decided she should move on to the next step of her life. She was done mourning. Instead what she felt at the moment was hatred. Hatred beyond anything else she had ever experienced. All she ever wanted was to burn everything. She wanted to burn him, to destroy Alessio to the ground and take away everything he loved. Usually, Valeria was like water, she preferred calm and peace. However, she was done being silent about her own feelings, Alessio deserved the worst for cheating on her. The hatred consumed every bit of her fiber, fueling the repressed darkness within her. Her mind started working.

She needed to find ways to humiliate him further.

All her life she had always sincere heartedly loved him, for her, Alessio was everything she wanted in a man, he was charming, handsome, intelligent and capable, she thought he was a man whom she could spend the rest of her life with, but she was wrong. He was the worst. The whole time he did not deserve her. He never deserved her.

Valeria knew if she wanted, she could push the matter further, and the idea truly tempted her. She also knew even if she was to do something, Valentino would still remain by her side.

A cruel idea made its way into her head.

Right, she was Valeria Valenza. The first daughter of Antonio Valenza. She could become anything if she wanted to. It was time for her to use the advantage she had since birth. If Alessio thought he could cheat on her and get away with it, he was incredibly wrong.

She took a towel and walked into the shower, when she looked at herself in the mirror, she saw a mess which needed to be fixed. Fortunately, she knew exactly how to fix it. Jumping into the shower, she cleansed every inch of her body and got dressed in a black dress which showed the curve of her body and exposed her smooth back. Then she put on a bit of makeup and sprayed some oriental fragrance on herself. Once she was done, she put on some diamond earrings and put on a black Louboutin Pigalle shoes.

She picked up her phone and dialed her brother.

"Valeria? I heard what happened between you and Alessio, and I-"

"Brother" she cut him off with a low, dangerous voice.

"Let's have dinner together tonight after you're back from work. I will see you at the usual hotel. Be there at 7P.M sharp" with that, she closed her phone and grabbed her purse. She layered the dress with a scarf and walked out of her apartment.

At 7 sharp, she arrived at the hotel where their family used to have dinner together when they were younger. Her brother had made a reservation under his name and she was led to a seat in the middle of the room. As usual, her brother was yet to be there, typical of him, but it was fine, even if he was late, it would only take a maximum of fifteen minutes and she was not exactly in a hurry. She was right. Soon enough he arrived there, still in his working suit, his eyes were filled with so much sympathy, and Luca was not even an empath. His emotions were only reserve for a few people. Luca and Valeria were not the closest pair of siblings in the world, but no matter what she was still his sister. The news of what happened to her truly devastated him, especially considering how close he and Alessio used to be. He refrained himself from speaking too much for the time being, but the elephant in the room was too large to ignore. Though he was a it startled when he saw his sister sitting there looking all proper and prim, he had expected her to appear a bit more distressed, but the woman before him was no depressed. She was looking put together and strong. He took a seat before he and apologized for being late. They started the conversations with basic small talks about the food they wanted to order and all. However, once the waitress had left, she eventually addressed the reason why she had invited her brother out for dinner, something she rarely ever did. Not to mention she was dressed differently than her original self. Something about her aura that day terrified him a little bit.

"I want to join the company" she stated. The statement was enough to startle him as well. He stared morbidly at her who kept a calm face as she took a sip out of her wine. In his entire life, Luca had never seen his sister acting that way. She was incredibly assertive, Dominant per say. He knew at that moment she was not making a request, she was giving a command.

"But why? You are a musical graduate, what position can I offer you in the company?" she placed her glass gently on the table and stared deeply into her brother's eyes.

"Don't forget that papa had also educated the three of us in business. I am willing to take up some trainings. But I want a position in the company. I am a Valenza, brother. It is my right to work at our family's business. Or, are you going to refuse my wish?" Luca could have sworn her sister had gone insane. There was no way Valeria would ask for such an impossible, well, not impossible, just a difficult request.

"I have to discuss it with papa first" she let out a soft chuckle.

"Don't waste your time, brother, he had been wanting me to join since I was a young girl, I am sure he would approve of it. Just let me in, I know you can do that. Beside, having two Valenza in our family's business is better than one, don't you think?" she did make a point, but somehow he had a feeling her sudden decision to join the family's company came out of a personal interest instead of a professional one.

"But what about your musical career?" he asked her again. This time, she was looking down on the table while steeping her fingers together.

"Sometimes change is necessary, brother. I still love music, but I realize it is time for me to move on" he could almost sense pain in her voice. Valeria was not exactly the most philosophical woman in the family, but she had a heart of a poet. She just mostly expressed it through her music, which he was sure if she was to play at the time, would sound like a funeral's music.

Knowing there was no making other reasons with her, he let out a sigh, accompanied with silence. He needed to make a snap decision, whatever he said afterward would determine her future attitude to him, he did not want his sister to hate him, besides, she was still in a fragile state, rejection would cause even more damage to her.

"Okay, I'll try to work it out, but I can't make it quick. You may have to wait a few weeks and please make all the formalities. I don't want the other employees think I'm playing nepotism" he stated, even though it was exactly what he was doing.

Blood is thicker than business.

"But, Valeria, why are you doing this, is it because of Alessio? I have heard of what happened. The whole family knows about it and we understand what you've been through. There are other ways to solve this, you don't have to quit doing what you love"

"Brother, I have made my decision. Nothing you or anyone else say will change my mind, beside, this is just the beginning. Trust me, I know what I am doing" Luca was doubtful, he had a feeling his sister was not being entirely truthful, there was a much darker and sinister reason she was doing that, but whatever it was, he did not want to interfere.

Luca wanted to punch Alessio in the face for hurting his sister, but it seemed Valeria had a better plan, whatever it was, he trusted her, and he would support her.

It was only a matter of time before the table flipped. She had had enough of the pain, it was time for her to do something about it. Valeria would turn her pain into power, her tears into flame, and burn those who have hurt her in the past.

In the game of chess, when the king lost the queen, his fate was sealed.

This time it would not be any different.