50 • Things falling back to Place

Flashbacks continued-

Naira was preparing herself to say those words her Kartik desperately wanted to hear. She mumbled as he waited impatiently cupping her face.

K "Naira, I'm listening."

N "Kartik."

K "Hmm."

N "I...."

K "You.."

N "I lov..."

They heard a noise in the background and Naira stepped back immediately. That was the most annoying and disturbing for both of them.

They looked around and saw Sahil standing there with a not readable expression.

Kartik was already pissed off by his recent activities. One more added to the list. Naira got a little nervous with his presence and was leaving when Kartik held her wrist. He was letting her go this time.

K "Sahil, can you please excuse us for a moment? Hum kuch baat kar rahe hai." He said in very calm tone, controlling himself.

Sahil "My work is also very important. Keerti di tumhe bula rahi hai. She said it's urgent." He gave a look to Naira which he noticed very well.

Kartik was just closing his fist seeing this. He squeezed her palm as if trying to comfort her by his little action. He would not let his Sherni getting scared from anyone.

N "Kartik, hum baadmein baat karlenge. I think it's important." Her eyes actioned him to leave her.

Sahil "I am waiting outside." He left not before glaring at her.

N "Kartik..."

K "Jao..."

N "Naraz toh nahi ho na tum.."

K "As if you care." He left from there leaving her teary.

Sahil "I guess I have to scare her now. Indono ka kuch zyada horaha hai." He thought in his mind and left not before giving a last look to her.

_

Kartik thought to refresh his mind for a few good minutes so he went to the garden for walk. He came back soon and searched for her first.

K "Mansi, Naira kaha hai?" He asked.

Mansi "Keerti di ke saath hai. Unhe kisi friend se milna tha."

K "Oh Okay."  He was going to his room. Unknown to the fact that there were some oil on the stairs. Maybe somebody messed it up by mistake.

He was about to step on the stairs but his sister called him at the right time.

Mansi "Naira di aagaye aaplog." She said as she saw them entering inside.

K "Huh. Aagayi madam. Baat hi nahi karunga usse." He said and turned his face but Keerti called him.

Keerti "Kartik, idhar aao kuch dikhana hai tumhe."

He went to the side. Sahil was observing his antic for a long time.

Sahil "Keerti bhi nah. Kartik bas girne wala tha." He murmured as he was the one who did this mischief to trouble Kartik.

While he was so lost in his plan that didn't notice his steps approaching towards the oily stairs.

He took a small step absent mindedly and lost his balance. Thud! he had a great fall.

Sahil "Ahhh.." He screamed out in pain. While others came running seeing the scene unfolding in front of their eyes.